In search of gluten-free friends

Options
Phoenixlife75
Phoenixlife75 Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I have been gluten-free since December 2014 when I developed dermatitis herpatiformis, otherwise known as the "gluten rash. I had for years experienced gastrointestinal symptoms that I thought was IBS. Since removing gluten from my diet I no longer have GI upset, insatiable itching, a systemic rash, mental fogginess or horrible joint/muscle pain.

I am new to MFP & am looking for friends to include in my support system. I am particularly interested in those who are interested in a gluten-free diet, as I am also interested in sharing recipes & knowledge exchange.

Message me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Phoenix

Replies

• tealovercathy
    tealovercathy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Cathy

I thought i had a condition called Fibromyalgia for years since i was 14. Then two years ago when i was 24 i was in the hospital with really bad abdominal pain a week past they found out that was a condition called gastroparisis and my doctor at that time sent a referal in to a GI about 5 months later he ran a blood test for celiac disease and a came back positive so ever since i have been on a gluten free diet since march 4th of 2014 just before i turned 25. i am now 26 my skin looks better and i feel better now that i am on a gluten free diet.
  • alyshalise
    alyshalise Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alysha. I just got diognosed this past Friday.