lost 22 pounds, 20 pounds more to go!

Options
hi everyone my name is Niharika and i'm 21 yrs old. I've always been overweight since i was about 12 years old. Till this March, my weight didn't affect me much even after being teased about it. I never paid attention to my diet or my lack of activity until it hit me that this could destroy my health as well as my life socially. I would see all my friends wearing wonderful clothes which i couldn't wear. I didnt seem to bother about all this until now. So i got off my couch and started working out and watching my diet. I basically just started eating clean, home-cooked food and avoiding my sunday- usuals like pizza, burger and the likes. I used to have a glass of coca-cola everyday without fail but i gave up that habbit as i realised i was consuming empty calories.
so my starting weight was 189 pounds as of march 25th 2015 and currently i weigh 162 pounds!!
My wish is to lose another 20 pounds and reach my goal weight of 142 pounds by my birthday i.e. september 28 :blush:
so this is my progress story up till now..thanks for reading it and if u have a similar story plz feel free to share it with me :smile: pz2zzna0kosw.jpg

Replies

• niharikashukla28
    niharikashukla28 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    uw08o097opis.jpg

this is the second before and after :smile:
  • Dreamingisbliss
    Dreamingisbliss Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nice! You look great at both weights :) Good luck on the birthday goals! (we have similar stats and similar goals so good luck to both of us B) )
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u so much :smile: and yes good luck to u :wink:
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. :)
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u so much @southcitystudio :smile:
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    What a difference 22lbs makes. Well done to you.
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    Thank u @fidangul :smile:
  • nicoleexo2015
    nicoleexo2015 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    weldone
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u everyone :smile:
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u @ohmscheeks :blush:
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can really tell the difference in you clothes.
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    thank u @2ledbetter :)
  • mariazm840
    mariazm840 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 47 kgs before 4 yrs and never had any weight issues. But then due to unhealthy eating i put on 30 kgs within 2 yrs. Being obese never bothered me until i discovered that im suffering from pcos. Then i thought of changing my diet completly and within 3 months i lost 14 kgs with current weight 63 kgs without exercise and i hope to reach targe weight 54 kgs within next 3 months.
  • mariazm840
    mariazm840 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe diet plays a major role in weight loss than exercise. Just clean diet ie no sugar, carbs, junk, etc instead greeen tea, fruits, salad, home made food
  • niharikashukla28
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss @mariazm840 :)
    and yes diet does play a very important role in weight loss. Although i do believe weight loss is the result of both changes in your diet as well as exercise!
  • niharikashukla28
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • stacymichellesarver
    stacymichellesarver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have been heavy in my life, but the last 4 year it got out of control. I was in a bad relationship and ate my feelings. I ended up at 253 pounds then I kicked him to the curve and decided to get my life back. Today I am 186 and my goal is 140. I wanted to be that weight by time I had my birthday in September but I got off track for four months. I didn't gain anything but I didn't lose anything either. I did learn that I can maintain the weight so that has motivated me again and I know when I get to my 140 mark I will be able to stay there. Good luck reaching your goal by your birthday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!