Gluten free life style

Options
Hi I've just been told I need gluten free food, can anybody help with either the name of a good websites or help in anyway. Thanks

Replies

• ChelseyWoo88
    Options
    Hello,
    T
    ry Juvela gluten free bread, ive tried so many and this is best one. have you been told off the doctor? im just asking because there is a lot of gluten free products that you can get from the doctor on prescription (breads, pastas, sauces)

hope that helps :)
  • ChelseyWoo88
    Options
    try* sorry
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Bastet1969 wrote: »
    Hi I've just been told I need gluten free food, can anybody help with either the name of a good websites or help in anyway. Thanks

Who told you that you needed to do this?
  • mikefinch87
    mikefinch87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The adjustment is going to be hard. You will need to start reading every box and start looking at the allergy warnings. "made in a factory that also produces wheat..."
    Paleo/Low carb boards will have some good recipies.

Tinkyada pasta. - best pasta
    Freshetta Gluten Free Pizza - best pizza
    Find Me Gluten Free -> When you want to eat out.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Bastet1969 wrote: »
    You have celiac disease?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Did you get diagnosed with celiacs or did someone just tell you it might be gluten?
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Did you get diagnosed with celiacs or did someone just tell you it might be gluten?

Good question. My mom has celiacs and she HAS to be gluten free....but if you are not, you do not HAVE to go gluten free unless you want to do so

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Do you have celiac disease?

What country are you in if you do? Resources will be different.

In the United States, gluten free products are widely available in most grocery stores.

You can search the web for brand reviews, everyone's recommendations will be different as tastes vary.
  • tealovercathy
    tealovercathy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have celiac have since march 4th of 2014 and it can at times be hard but i do very well with it. I started looking for groups to help me cope with it at first and looked for other resources and have been eating more at home then going out to eat.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread alert!

OP obviously didn't care enough about having a potentially deadly disease to come back and reply.

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Zombie thread alert!

OP obviously didn't care enough about having a potentially deadly disease to come back and reply.

Not necessarily. I have Celiacs disease also. There isn't too much info on this site about Celiacs disease. Therefore the OP probably did a Google search and found more informative sites that are specifically related to CD.