Brides-to-be support group

Options
I would love to start a support group of brides to be! It would be wonderful to encourage one another to meet our goal before our big day! Everyone needs a little extra support while planning a wedding and trying to eat right and exercise.

Add me and we can work on our goals together!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Have fun, and good luck!

Don't forget to plan for keeping the weight off afterwards!

We had a thread not long ago about all the people who'd stacked on weight after their weddings.
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I definitely want to lose the weight and keep it off. I have never weighed this much before so it's hard to see pictures of myself now. I don't want to look that way any longer, especially not at my wedding.
    10075678 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way as you. I don't want to look back at those photographs and regret not trying to look the best I can. I have horrible arms - the thought of having a dress which doesn't cover them makes me cringe but my dream dress is sleeveless.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Go to the Groups section on the website. You can create a group there.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. You can add me as a friend as well! I'm in a wedding wire brides group. (Ww brides in a mission) you can join!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I would join! I am getting married in less than a month lol, but I've been working really hard since November to get in the best shape I can be! Plus I am going to try my best to keep losing after the wedding. Hopefully we will do our honeymoon next March, so I will be working towards that too!
  • sarakfra
    sarakfra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lawls yes. I look like a rolypoly stuffed into a white dress.
  • smithkemsw
    smithkemsw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Id like to join! 91 days till my wedding and im close to the point i have to maintain due to dress fittings. Ive never maintained before...always going up or down!
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Fellow brides, feel free to add me! I'm getting married on New Year's Eve and have lost 10 lbs and want to lose 20 more before the big day!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Since there's no more search in groups, if someone could post a link, that would be awesome. I just got engaged and planning for a longer engagement so I've got some time, but definitely want to start kicking it up and would appreciate hearing from others on their successes and lessons learned in the planning process. Feel free to add me.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    10075678 wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way as you. I don't want to look back at those photographs and regret not trying to look the best I can. I have horrible arms - the thought of having a dress which doesn't cover them makes me cringe but my dream dress is sleeveless.

I just got married last week, but I bought a traditional gown and absolutely hated it because it showed my arms. I ended up going in a completely different direction and I was so happy I did. fs09cmmd537r.jpg
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    10 days away for me. At this point I'm just trying to drink a lot of water, and eat lots of whole foods so my skin looks bright and I look refreshed.And maybe an extra pound, who knows. It's a good motivator, a wedding. Good luck to all. I suppose I better start a post-wedding support group soon. I've worked too hard to lose it all, plus my fiancée lost, too, just from eating what I buy/cook!
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this! Let me know if you create a group!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I would love to start a support group of brides to be! It would be wonderful to encourage one another to meet our goal before our big day! Everyone needs a little extra support while planning a wedding and trying to eat right and exercise.

Add me and we can work on our goals together!

congrats...i would just like to say that being prepared for marriage is far more important than being ready for the wedding. i have been married for 23 years and i can honestly say that my size on my wedding day didn't matter at all. i wish you well in your endeavor in becoming the size you want to be, i see nothing wrong with it, just remember, a marriage is a lifetime, the wedding is one day. <3
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next May. Hoping to be at goal weight by November December so I can start dress shopping! My wedding is abroad so there's also beachwear to contend with! Also having an arms dilemma, but I don't think I'm going to cover them, I wanted a strapless dress but somehow my arms look bigger in strapless than maybe some kind of sweetheart neckline and straps.
  • amarie878
    amarie878 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm getting married 9/12 and still about 5 weeks away from my first fitting. Luckily I only need to lose about 10, most likely will be 5, but I'm just focusing on eating way better and keeping my exercise up to combat with stress. I'm just going to concentrate on the water intake and clean eating. I've made peace that my arms are gonna jiggle no matter what!
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    10075678 wrote: »

I just got married last week, but I bought a traditional gown and absolutely hated it because it showed my arms. I ended up going in a completely different direction and I was so happy I did. fs09cmmd537r.jpg

You look great! I'm not a fan of the typical white-strapless-A-line gown that everyone seems to get, and I really like the texture on your dress.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OK. Started a group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107053-bride-to-be-support-group

All are welcome! I invited a bunch of people who expressed interest here (sorry if I missed anybody). Those new posters can click the link to join the group.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @roselemonade! The other positive was that it was only $180 at Macy's :). That offsets the cost of the traditional dress that I couldn't return (but I was also swimming in by the wedding).