I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME GOOD MOTIVATION!!!!!

Options
On days i dont feel like goin 2 the gym I feel so guilty!!! Sometimes I end up going sometimes I don't!!!! Can you guys me some tips or motivation that i can think abt so I can push myself 2 go????? The more answers the better!

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It depends on your fitness goals. If you are looking for mostly cardio maybe you would enjoy a walk, run, or hike instead. That way you could explore new areas near you and the change of scenery could keep you interested. You might also want to try to find someone near you who also wants to go to the gym. This would add a social aspect that might make it seem less like a chore you have to do. Good luck!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Whatever your normal workout time/goals, whenever you can't be bothered to go, make a deal with yourself to just do half of that. I would normally do 1-1.5 hours of cardio whenever I went to the gym with stength training twice a week, and on the days I couldn't be bothered I would say to myself. Right, I'm just going to go and do half an hour on the cross trainer then come home. OR, I would say I will just do strength training then come home. 9 times out 10 I would end up doing a lot more once I got there....it was just the getting there that would be the problem, but half an hour sounded so much less hassle than 1.5 hours. Haha.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I could never go to a gym. There aren't any near my area, but I wouldn't go even if there was one in my village. You can do stuff at home to get in shape, if you don't feel like going to the gym. It all depends on your lifestyle etc. Good luck on your journey and keep going! No need to feel guilty - just do right by yourself the best way you can.
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Like was mentioned already, I also find that just getting myself to the gym is most of the battle. Once I'm there, I do more than I thought I could. Sometimes I look on the Internet at before and after pics that sometimes motivates me. I think "if they could do it, why not me too?"