Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How's this app been working for you?

My name is Calvin. I just started using this app about a week ago to love the calories that I intake so I can lose more weight and control my diet. I was wondering how the application has been working for you guys. I love motivation and I love motivating people as well and I love being around people who can keep me motivated as we reach the same goal. I look forward to talking with all of you. Have a great day!

Replies

• felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Hello and welcome to MyFitnessPal, Calvin! :smile:
    I've been using the app for about a year and lost 17 kilograms by mainly just counting calories! For the past couple of weeks I've been upping my exercise trying to work on getting fitter and stronger, and find that there's a very nice and supportive community here, with lots of tips and tricks as well as motivation!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    This app is the only reason I was able to accomplish this. I went from 282 to 153 and have been using it since Jan 4,2013. It changed my life!!!

Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend.... :)
  • coley1029
    coley1029 Posts: 17 Member
    This app has been such a great help. The food database is so extensive, far better than the weight watchers one that cost $20 a month. I'm down almost 15 pounds after my first month, and have never felt so healthy and encouraged to keep at it!
  • CalvinWard
    CalvinWard Posts: 13 Member
    Coley, that is awesome to hear. Being able to see how much you consume is awesome and it keeps me disciplined. I didn't realize that a lot of my calories were coming in from extra carbs by way of sugar. You know I got a sweet tooth! LOL! ;)
  • CalvinWard
    Get it Mart! I see you! Losing that weight!
  • CalvinWard
    edited June 2015
    Felblossom, you look great! Keep it up.
  • CalvinWard
    You know, I am a personal trainer and we are always pushing ourselves to have a better body. The problem is creating and implementing a new level of discipline. Most of us get disciplined and we hit a plateau. But when you have decided that you want more out of your body, then there is a need to create a new level of discipline. I am a mesomorph, which means it is hard for me to lose weight but it is easy for me to maintain my muscle. So I am placing myself on a new and rigorous routine to track my calories and change my diet and up my workouts to lose more body fat, maintain my muscle, and reach my goals!
  • losttrucker68
    losttrucker68 Posts: 19 Member
    mart001 wrote: »
    This app is the only reason I was able to accomplish this. I went from 282 to 153 and have been using it since Jan 4,2013. It changed my life!!!

Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend.... :)
    Awesome.. way cool.