Lost my way

Options
i was doing so well and I've just completely fallen off the wagon these last few days , feeling absolutely useless I have no idea while I have just started mindlessly eating but I have . I know I need to get me s*** together and start sorting this out . I haven't even been logging my food or even caring about what I am shovelling down my throat . It's kind of as soon as I eat something rubbish I just think there's no point and I may aswell carry on with a poor diet . I think half the problem is I never think I will be healthy and fit again ! Advice please need someone to kick my a**e !

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking of it as "all or nothing". If you want something, just fit it into your calories, log it and move on with your day. Just because you have one thing doesn't mean you're undoing all of your progress.

Moderation, not deprivation.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    i was doing so well and I've just completely fallen off the wagon these last few days , feeling absolutely useless I have no idea while I have just started mindlessly eating but I have . I know I need to get me s*** together and start sorting this out . I haven't even been logging my food or even caring about what I am shovelling down my throat . It's kind of as soon as I eat something rubbish I just think there's no point and I may aswell carry on with a poor diet . I think half the problem is I never think I will be healthy and fit again ! Advice please need someone to kick my a**e !

Probably because you were craving something because you deprived yourself of it?

Sort out your attitude OP, it seems that if you make a slight mistake, the whole thing is off. Eat nutrient dense foods, and then treat yourself with what you like in moderation.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Just start logging again....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What Ninkyou said!

And personally, in your situation, I would get more pissed at myself for not logging as opposed to what I am doing with my eating.

Don't worry WHAT you eat today.

Just log. Every. Single. Bite. Accurately. With a correct verified or original MFP entry. By weight.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others! Just log! It's okay if you're over some days. Do some exercise. Get back on track. Pick yourself back up! A big egg and egg white and veggie breakfast almost always helps me get back on track if I've had a bad day the day prior. It's not all or nothing. Leave room for some treats that you enjoy, but if there's something that you just can't resist eating a ton of, get it out of the house!
    You aren't being selfish getting your body to good health, but setting an excellent example for your children.
  • Calamity_Jenn
    Calamity_Jenn Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Just start logging again....

I agree...start logging. There were days when I had a "*kitten* it, just eat it all attitude" and wouldn't track bc hey, it didnt happen bc I didn't log it. That wasnt the best solution for me bc I would just continue spiraling down the rabbit hole.

Also, I've found that waiting to resume tmrw hasn't worked for me in the past bc tmrw never comes. I usually end up repeating the same crap all over again.

Onward & upward, girl!! Best of luck :))
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I went out of town for business, consumed more food and beer calories than I should have, didn't track, and gained nearly 3 pounds. Last week I got back on track and lost the weight I gained and then some.

Don't let your setbacks cause you to fail. So you fell off the proverbial horse. Get up, brush yourself off, and get back on that horse and start riding again.

You can't go back and not cheat, so there's no point beating yourself up about it. You can only set your mind to doing well today, actually doing well, and smiling at your next weigh in.
  • Munklewinkle
    Munklewinkle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks , I'm going to start logging and get back on the horse . I think half the reason I don't log is because I don't want to look at what I've actually done . I will log everything I ate today and continue to do so no matter what . I just need to be accountable . Thanks everyone :smile:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    [quote="Munklewinkle;32967841"I think half the reason I don't log is because I don't want to look at what I've actually done [/quote]

Logging = being mind full.

Logging accurately is an action that by iteself prompts us to modify our choices and eating behaviour.

• Popeyeboy1
    Popeyeboy1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally understand about feeling hopeless and start eating. I'm just getting on track with the thanks to this site. Don't give up! Hugs!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If you eat it-you log it. Just keep telling yourself that. Sometimes I go to the fridge and take a lick of something, not planning on logging it. But I remember, if I eat it-I log it. Then I go to my diary and find a way to log a few grams.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    People wind themselves up ffar too much over things. OP its just a few days, which means you delayed getting to traget by just a few days its not a biggie. If im over I just accpet it and get on with it. The nice thing about he journey is each day is a fresh start, so dont worry but gradually get back on track.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    What Ninkyou said!

And personally, in your situation, I would get more pissed at myself for not logging as opposed to what I am doing with my eating.

Don't worry WHAT you eat today.

Just log. Every. Single. Bite. Accurately. With a correct verified or original MFP entry. By weight.

This.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I get it.

I have episodes of self sabotage where I eat an obscene amount of something off plan and set myself back. As if I don't already feel down on myself for gaining weight, I now compound the negative self talk because I'm disappointed with myself for failing yet again. Then the dispair leads me to eating even more ridiculous things.

But, there is a reason I keep doing this. I have found a pattern to my binges. They are associated with times when my insomnia is at it's worst. I've been digging down into my sleep problem and in the meantime, trying to be less hard on myself. I have hope.

To the OP: Do some searching for the reason you do what you do.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Start logging again.

Immediately.

The rest will follow...
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I agree with the logging. That way, it's out there for everyone to see and you can make amends elsewhere. Exercise a bit more, cut calories elsewhere. I have an elderly lady I sit with who always insists I eat a bowl of ice cream with her, I just factor it in to my allowable calories and run/walk an extra lap. In the end, I've still made progress with my weight loss goals! Hang in there
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." ~Japanese proverb
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Today I begin again. Due to some heavy stress in my life, I chose to eat many fat-filled foods recently. I felt really crappy afterwards. The hardest part of doing that was logging it :'( I felt embarrassed and ashamed. As if someone were going to judge me. That is so totally unimportant. What is important, I can see the lack of nutritional value in my choices. When I look at my body, and see all the cottage cheese I am packing, I feel unhappy. So, it is up to me. Do I want to look this way or do I want to change my appearance....and more importantly, my health?

Let's continue this journey together. We can succeed. My best to you!