Ok, So i feel off the Wagon!

Options
Ok so im back after 30 days of falling off the "being accountable Wagon!" So here i am again ready and able to finally loose the 20kilos (aka 44 pounds!) SO please i would be very Great full if anyone would like to give me some tips on keeping focused when faced with the realization of being unmotivated!

THANKS!:happy:

Replies

• TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my vacation coming up. Maybe you could buy an outfit a few sizes smaller and hang it up where you will see it everyday. Or maybe put a picture of you at your heaviest on the fridge so you have to look at it every time you get in there. Hope that helps. Good luck to ya! :)
  • hobbseashaddow
    Options
    Thats a Great idea of finding a "fat Pic" and putting it on the Fridge... I have a pair of size 29 jeans that i will hang up too so i can see them everyday.... Thank you so much! x
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have always been an extremely lazy type as far as my parents are concerned. I have had Type 1 diabetes since age 6. Slowly since I got my insulin pump, about 10 years ago, i have added weight. 6'2" 265 was my heaviest ever. I was always one for instant gratification.

The first thing I realized is that instant gratification will not work for weight loss. For me, it needs to be a long term life style change and not just a "diet". I dont know what others put in for the time they would like to lose weight, but from talking to my Dr's and few people that are fitness gurus, they all said the long term plan is better and much more likely to work.

I was at my Drs yesterday after not being there in 2 months, I was down 13lbs. woohoo they were happy too. My goal is 1 lb a week, So i have been a little over. i just take my dog out nightly and walk, walk, walk. I have my days I dont get in extra exercise. But I also have my days where I go way over on calories. but in the grand view of the thing, its ok. If i was trying to lose everything in two months, i would undoubtedly fail and or get discouraged and fall apart.

from talking with other woman and my mom, you poor ladies get so much fewer calories than I get every day. Yes I have at least an active lifestyle with my job, but man oh man.

I also love having MFP on my phone. It much easier to add everything as i put it in my mouth than what my mom has to do. she comes home and fills up her diary of the day and gets bummed out. run keeper is a great exercise app too.

good luck
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Being in great health makes you a better mother to take care of your little one! It is as important for them as it is for you.
  • hobbseashaddow
    Options
    Thank you and Im on it!! Today is another successful day and you would be proud to know i officially now have MFP on Mobile!! So i can keep tracking while on the run... No excesses... Being a mum to now a 1 year old and doing alot more running around is starting to give me that motivation to work harder in my studio/gym and focus 110% on my diet.. Which we all know is the number 1 key to keeping the weight off.... So i Thank u again for all your input.... :o)

Good luck with your journey also!