The Shift -By Tory Johnson

Options
katorala
katorala Posts: 8 Member
I just finished a quick read The Shift -by Tory Johnson. She is the one who does the Steals and Deals segment on ABC News in the morning. She lost 62 lbs in a year. She wrote this book on how she did it.
Turns out "The Shift" is the defining moment when you decide no if and or buts about it, you are doing this for you. No one else. I had a similar moment in April at a Health and Wellness expo when my numbers came back through the roof. I had what I was calling an "Oh *kitten*" moment where it hit me it is now or never and I have not looked back.
The way she did loet the weight was not particularly healthy but it worked for her. I'm not advocated the way she did it but ultimately the book is saying The Shift is when your brain finally gets the message that you have to completely change the way you are doing things and shift your attitude.
I enjoyed the book and went to write a review when I read the onslaught of hate reviews about this book. I am so shocked. My take away from this is that it is a now or never attitude that is going to get you through what ever way you choose to tackle your loss but the awful tone of the reviews was really over the top. No one book is going to have all the answers. That's my attitude.
Have you found inspiration for weight loss in a book that you would care to share?
Thanks.
Kathy

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I often reread thin for life by Anne M. Fletcher. She interviewed many long-term weight loss maintainers and explores their habits. While more anecdotal then science, I find it a great read each time I pick it up.
  • katorala
    katorala Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Breadbar!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!