Discrepancy Between Nutrition and Calories Remaining?

surells
surells Posts: 3 Member
Hello,

New to using the app and I was wondering if someone could help.

As of this moment my calories tracker is telling me I have 586 Calories still to go (I'm looking to put on muscle and have calculated the calories I'll need to do so, and wanted to keep track of what I'm eating helps)

However, when I go into my nutrition guidlines, it tells me I still have 111g of Protein and 137 g of carbs still to eat (I'm trying to get 50% of my calories form carbs, 30% from protein, and 20% from fat, and have adjusted my goals accordingly).

This doesn't seem to add up to me. Everything I've read says 1g of carbs or protein equals about 4 calories, so if I have 111g of protein and 137 g of carbs still to eat, that should be closer to a thousand calories still to eat, not 586 (and that's without taking into account the fat).

Am I missing something or misunderstanding?

Can anyone help?

Replies

• nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Because your nutrition is based on what you should be eating, according to your stats and goals etc; the remaining calories are just what's left over. It doesn't care how you get those remaining calories in.

It just means that you must've gone over in another category - like the fat - to have eaten those calories that you would need to fill your nutritional goal.

I hope that was clear.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Double check the entries you used to make sure they have the correct information. Many people will just enter in calories, and sometimes carbs if they're watching them, and ignore the other macros.
  • surells
    Hi, thanks for your response nyponbell. I don't understand that though, because my calories aren't left over after I've gotten the nutrition I need, they're under that! Plus I'm actually still under on my fat.

I've been having a think and I can only guess people haven't filled in their entries correctly, only putting in calorie infomation and not the detailed nutrition, thus meaning the calorie counter and nutrition tracker are out of whack.
  • surells
    edited June 2015
    Hi malibu927, thanks, yes I think that must be it. I'll have a look at my entires, and I'll have to be more careful from now on.