Beck Diet Solution - new group?

Options
I am looking to start or find a group that is working with Dr. Beck's Diet Solution. I am just starting the program and I think it would be great to have a group to discuss things with as we progress. Let me know if you are interested! I have not yet figured out how to start a group, but I can!

Replies

• as543
    as543 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi! i just bought and started this today. I would love to be a part! heard great things about it
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the book today. Please add me to your group!
  • gingermack
    gingermack Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to be added to the group. About 6 months ago, I started the book. About half way through, I fell off and quit doing everything I needed to be doing. I have been on 3 vacations in a short period of time and have kept up my bad eating behavior. I have gained a ton of weight. Time to pick myself up and start being healthy. So please, please, please add me to your group! I need help and I want to help you!
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just purchased her book online along with the workbook as a birthday gift to myself. I looked at the book at the library and thought, "Need to buy this one rather than borrow". I don't know how long it will take for shipping. Supposedly, I will have it within two weeks. I started some of the steps/days. I am on Day 8, I believe. So please add me!!!!
  • maggiewithfins
    maggiewithfins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just started a thread on this. If this group is still going I'd like to join. Alternatively, add me if you are still going on this and the group has dropped off. I'm starting the BDS today and I've previously used it and loved it.
  • LorifromSeattle
    LorifromSeattle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am starting the Beck Diet Solution today and I would love to exchange support online if you are still looking to continue talking about the Beck diet.

So far I've followed through with creating my advantage and response card decks and I'm following the rules for eating slowing, enjoying meals sitting at a table -- it was definitely harder than it sounded, but I got through day 1!

Hope to hear any musings from those of you who might be doing Beck Diet, too.
    thanks,
    Lori
  • Gotspunk1
    Gotspunk1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the book, and I'm studying social psychology in school. I just did a big research paper on how cognitive behavioral therapy can be used to help people lose weight and/or battle eating disorders. I've been on a journey to be more healthy and lose weight for about 3 years now. I might be interested in joining a group. :)
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    HI, I am interested in the group. I have been utilizing the tools that beck taught in the Diet Solution. I am reading her new book, "The Diet Trap. Beck has been instrumental in my success.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    @pedidiva, have you tried searching groups for this one? I ask because this conversation is 2 1/2 years old. :D
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have tried searching the groups
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    pedidiva wrote: »
    I have tried searching the groups

It sounds like you might have to start one, then.
  • lynn1643
    lynn1643 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes we should start one here too!
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There is a Beck support group here but currently there are only two members (including me!)-- I think primarily because it is so hard to search the groups. I have informally connected with several Beck devotees and you are welcome to add me as a friend and to try to find the group (Mindsiview started it and it is called The Beck Diet Solution Group). It was founded May 11th if that helps.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello. I'm so happy to find all of you! :)
    I just joined your group Christabelle66 and introduced myself. Is that still an active group?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10209106/new-here-a-quick-introduction