Another F6 question...

Options
This may sound dumb, but I'm asking anyway.

So my friend Nichelle has the Polar F6 also, and when we work out together, she does not "exit" from the exercise mode until her heart rate returns to normal. For example, if we go and work out very intensely, she may keep her HRM running and counting cals burned while we are in the locker room/shower or until her HR drops back to a normal level. She says that is to account for some of the calories you burn after you stop exercising but you are still in the zone.

Does this make sense? What do you do?

PS I love my new Polar F6. Thank you Santa.

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This may sound dumb, but I'm asking anyway.

So my friend Nichelle has the Polar F6 also, and when we work out together, she does not "exit" from the exercise mode until her heart rate returns to normal. For example, if we go and work out very intensely, she may keep her HRM running and counting cals burned while we are in the locker room/shower or until her HR drops back to a normal level. She says that is to account for some of the calories you burn after you stop exercising but you are still in the zone.

Does this make sense? What do you do?

PS I love my new Polar F6. Thank you Santa.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't know which is the right way... but I turn mine off after I finish exercising (do leave it on for the minute or so that I stretch after... but I figure after the workout everything else is counted as everyday activity. PLUS would rather go lower in calorie burn so I don't think I have a bunch of exercise calories when I really don't.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I don't count once I am done working out. Even stretching I usually won't have my HRM on anymore.