Online Yoga Class

Does anyone have any recommendations for free online yoga classes? I've started taking free classes every weekend at the Lululemon store near me and I think I've finally found my thing. I really want to do this more than once a week though and the studios near me either have classes at times that are too inconvenient, or it's too much money.

Any recommendations for decent online classes would be awesome. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    YouTube. There are TONS of great yoga practices available, and of course there will be some that don't fit what you want, but take an hour and browse around. Find a few channels you like and subscribe to them. My favorite (for what it's worth, as yoga isn't really my thing) is Yoga with Adriene. She's got a bunch of longer practices as well as series that teach you how to properly perform basic and intermediate moves. I've been working on Crow Pose lately.
  • rulysa
    rulysa Posts: 3 Member
    I agree that youtube is a great source, you can find just about any style you're looking for. just a note though, if you're just starting out with yoga, try to take a few classes with a teacher who will watch your form so you don't hurt yourself, which can happen if you don't know your form is off. the lulu classes I went to were quite large and the teachers really couldn't correct form. I teach all styles of yoga, and am constantly working with my students on alignment. enjoy it!!
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Check out doyogawithme.com - different styles of yoga, all levels, tons of videos, and it's free.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2015
    I second DoYogaWithMe. Although I've been doing most of my home yoga workouts with the DVDs from "Yoga for Inflexible People" (Iyengar-based), whenever I want to try something a bit different I've been able to find something on DoYogaWithMe that appeals. There is a beachside one hour restorative yoga workout that I particularly enjoy.
  • chez_lotr
    chez_lotr Posts: 12 Member
    I love Yoga with Adrienne and there's also Do you yoga both on youtube but Adrienne's videos which are a decent length
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Another vote for Yoga with Adriene here. She's got a great variety of practices in terms of length, style/focus, and plenty of good stuff for beginners. And she's just fun. :) If you want to work toward building a daily (or just consistent) home practice, her 30 Days of Yoga series is a great way to start.