Nine months, 100 pounds lost, and under 300 pounds for first time in 20 years

Options
Ibknute
Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
While many look to cross into "onederland", I have been working on leaving "triple century country" for the past 9 months. Was 395 when I started this journey in October 2014 and came in at 297.4 at my weigh in this morning. Technically crossed over on Wednesday but wanted to stick with my normal Sunday morning official weigh in to ensure I wasn't going back to that place. This puts me just 2.5 pounds from losing 100 pounds in 9 months.

I am actually 110+ pounds down from my highest weight of 410-415 that I reached about 5 years ago. I don't know exactly how high I was as didn't have a scale either at home or at doctor's office that went above 400. The 410-415 estimate is based on a few random checks I did over the years and that the first time I came in under 400 was New Year's 2014. I was 285 as a senior in college in 1990-91. I estimate initially crossing over the 300 mark probably in mid-90s and then proceeded with a slow climb to my highest weight.

I've gone from wearing 4X/5X clothes to a solid 2X and have already started buying a few XL shirts. Waist has gone from 58/60 inches down to 46 inches. Taking medication right now for Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Have a doctor appointment next week and we anticipate being able to completely remove or at least significantly reduce the dosages for all of them.

Right now I am looking at the 250-275 range as a general target and will evaluate and define a more specific maintenance range as I get closer to 275. I've been exercising 6 days a week with a pretty even mix of weights/resistance training and cardio work. This week I plan to increase the weight routine in order to start building more muscle and hopefully start filling in some of the "flappiness" I now have with my skin. I'll take flappy over flabby any day.

The community here at MyFitnessPal has been awesome and I look forward to continued interaction with the friends I have made here. I've posted a few comparison pictures below and as simple words of encouragement, "You Can Do It!"

5bxcgy0gikbb.jpg

soe37uyxv4ov.jpg

6itrxu5q9ske.jpg

opsyphnxnxrq.jpg

Replies

• funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS! Way To Go!

> This image has been resized

I'd say!!!

WOOT!! WOOT!! WOOT!!
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Incredibly happy for you! So inspirational! Well done.
  • AriaColl
    AriaColl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just AMAZING!
    Thanks for sharing and motivating us!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I have ranged 200 to 278 in that past 30 years. It is such a struggle to make that commitment and sticking to it. I had a goal 3 years ago to do a sprint triathlon 1.5 mile swim, 16 mile bike ride 5k run. I made my goal, I was so excited, I had lost 80 pounds to get there and achieve that goal, however, I immediately went on a two week vacation and, watch it pretty good, by the time I got, home I didn't make a new goal to achieve. well I am back here 26 pound up again. I think your making goals is key. This is my plan this time. same with the biggest losers winners. IF they don't copntinue to make goals, the gain it back. Keep it up, you handsome devil you!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thank you for sharing!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    awesome and way to go!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking so good lad!
  • rubypippa
    rubypippa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done! Awesome weight loss, keep it up!
  • bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look fantastic!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You must be feeling great :smiley:
  • 1skinnysouthernchick
    1skinnysouthernchick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So very proud of you!! That's a lot of self discipline and determination!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic work, you look so happy ;)
    Thank you for sharing
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Man, you are doing awesome. Your hard work and dedication really show. Keep up the good work and here's hoping you get off those meds.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Such great pictures of success. Congratulations.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! Incredible transformation. So proud of you. Congratulations.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats!!! keep up the great work!!
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well done and way to go! Thanks for sharing your success!
  • mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, congratulations. I've got the flappy over flabby too. I am sure you feel so much better. Let us know how the docs visit goes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!