New and would love some buddies.

Options
Hi there!
I'm brand new to MFP. Been reading the boards etc. I am 38 and 284 lbs. I use to be on weight watchers and when I left I gained 50 pounds plus 30 pounds...all together 80 lbs. I decided to join MFP this past Friday and stop making excuses on why I can't do it and started telling myself I can. It's just a long road and I get really discouraged. Would love to have friends on here who've lost weight using MFP or who are just starting this journey. Any and all help would be appreciated. I'd love to be supportive to people as well. :)

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it! Changing your lifestyle is difficult, but it will be so rewarding :)
    Good luck on your journey!
  • melzy824
    melzy824 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MFP has really helped me. I started a week ago using the community & getting friends and have stuck to the journey. It has been awesome. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • eden1973
    eden1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm like you have lost over 4 stone years ago but go up and down like a to yo yo would be good to keep it off for good just finding it hard to get back on track maybe this app will help ,tomorrow I'm going to start tracking everything
  • 2bhealthyismygoal
    2bhealthyismygoal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the add :). Day three done here. Can't wait to see the results come Friday. Hoping to be in the 270s finally. One day at a time is all we need to take :)
  • Viredic
    Viredic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There are lots of friendly folks here looking to encourage and be encouraged.
    Welcome to MFP!
    You can do it!