Should I leave 30DS for Insanity?

Options
Hey everyone!

So I'm currently on day 8 of the 30 day shred. This is actually my second time around doing it! During the end of Summer 2014, I lost 13 lbs with the 30 day shred + another cardio video and healthy eating. I went from 139 to 126, and it really changed my life a lot. I've been maintaining my weight ever since. It's summer now, so I wanted to benefit from my free time and tone up and lose my remaining fat. I'd love to get to 120, but if I could lose another 10+ pounds this summer, that'd be awesome. :)

However, 30 day shred is sort of too familiar now, and at the end of the day, it feels like it's not enough. 27-ish minutes with Jillian seems a bit underwhelming. This leads to my main question- should I dump the 30 day shred now and date Insanity this summer? Or should I finish 30DS and then move on to Insanity? Haha, I've heard amazing stuff about Insanity, and I know I have the willpower and dedication for it.

Tell me what you guys think, and if you have any tips!

My overall info:
Weight: 126 lbs
Height: 5 ft

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    They're all basically the same program. Do whichever you like best.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well, the insanity class at my gym was an hour long, opposed to half an hour with 30ds. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same to me, but I kind of like 30ds pacing more. Insanity always left me hugging the wall and gasping for air, but I guess that means it was effective. ;)

Anyway, I say go for whatever you think is benefiting you the most and what you think you can stand to do without getting too bored.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    They're all basically the same program. Do whichever you like best.

Not really.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    If you're bored with it yeah.
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love insanity.
  • britebloomz
    britebloomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm currently cycling through several different Jillian Michaels' dvds, 30DS being one of them. It is boring doing the same routine for a few to several days so I switch it up by 2 or 3 different dvds a week. I try to give it my all and keep the lag time between different exercises to a minimum, i.e. keep up the exercise while she talks about what's coming next. Doing the exercises at a faster pace while maintaining form and with heavier weights also helps. Maybe try mixing up the different levels in 30DS rather than progressing through 10 days of the same level. I LOVE JM's dvds, not so much for weight loss but for inches lost and stronger body in 30-45 minute sessions. I'm tracking my calories better this time around so I'm very happy with my progress even though I'm not working out 6 days a week.
    Do whatever you need to do to keep from getting bored with your fitness program. You've done an amazing job of maintaining so I don't doubt you can reach your goal.