Slightly obsessed with round numbers

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
Am I the only one who's slightly obsessed with round numbers? I have to keep going until I've burned a round number of calories. A typical example:

OK, done my target of 300 calories. Oh wait, I'm nearly at 30 minutes, I'll carry on until then. But I'm so close to 5km I might as well keep going...

It's amazing serendipity when two of these coincide, and a sign from the heavens I can stop and chill out now!

Slightly OCD, I know, but I'm sure it keeps me going longer than I normally would!

Replies

• Kera885
    Kera885 Posts: 59
    Options
    Lol I'm the same way, but I'm an either or kind of girl. It's like ok I'll go until I've burned 300 calories OR until I've hit 3 miles OR until I've hit 30min, sometimes after I hit one I'll continue to the next depending on how I'm feeling I'll either stop earlier or later :)
  • Joanne4494
    Joanne4494 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha I do the same when im on the cross trainer it has to be a round number before il stop. :)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I like 3's or odds, or just numbers divisible by 3. lol! So, um yeah I understand what you mean. haha
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Haha I do the same when im on the cross trainer it has to be a round number before il stop. :)

me too!
  • 82song
    82song Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    same here!!! :)
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oh I completely do that!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing on the machines, I like to finish on a round number, but then when I log it on mfp I always take off calories as I don't trust the machines anyway! (And I don't use a hrm so I can't compare the two).