Here I go again

Options
I am a 21yr old mother of 2 and ever since my first daughter, ive been trying to stay motivated in losing weight.My first daughter is 2 and my second is one, so yes, my body hadn't had a chance to rest.im 216lbs and my goal weight is 170 in 3 months. But my issue is i love food. and every time i stay on track, i cheat and pig out and be pisses at my next weigh-in. The terrible things about this situation is that my boyfriend and my girls father has become a fitness fanatic, and he looks so good. its like i want to look good for him and not get mad and insecure when girls smaller then me check him out. I need advise and motivation PLEASE.

Replies

• musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    With your current life situation, dropping 46 pounds in three months is a tall order. You could achieve 5 lbs per week. There is no secret strategy on not cheating. I had to lock my refrigerator and mark every day I cheated on my calendar. Have you thought of getting a weight loss partner with whom you can work out with? Also, you have to burn about 500 cals per day if you want to lose weight.
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it's hard to get out of bad eating habits! But it's not impossible! I had a rough time saying no to tasty treats and pigging out but after the first two weeks of torture it got easier. Now after two months I don't nearly as much as I used to and actually feel great if I turn down a soda or junk food. Proud of myself is probably a better way to say it. You can do it! And I feel you with the bf thing! My husband is not a fitness fanatic but he does not need to lose weight so I'm kind of on my own.
  • riss526
    riss526 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For me I kept letting myself go and I would feel guilty about eating crappy foods for a little while and then distract myself with something else. I had that "I will start tomorrow" mentality all the time, as I was eating a 10 piece chicken nugget with large fries and washing it down with a dr. Pepper at 10 o'clock at night (which was sadly a regular habit, not always the same food but you get what I mean) I would always think "tomorrow." But as the above poster mentioned, after the first couple of weeks it becomes easier to avoid temptation and further into your journey you will find that while sometimes a pizza or fried chicken sounds good, you would most rather have something else. I know just the other day one of my coworkers brought in a burger and fries and I almost got nauseous from the smell of it. It's not just about changing your eating habits, it's truly an entire lifestyle change. You can do it girl.
  • griffingirl4life
    griffingirl4life Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was the SAME way!!! I would be like "I will start fresh on Monday" lol so the more I see my waist expand, the more awful I felt. My sister (a fitness guru) came to stay with us and I let her go through my pantry and refrigerator and she has me walking for an hour each day 3 times a day and now I have finished my first week and lost 6 lbs!!!! YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT. my current theme is "got to start sometime why not now" thinking that way, has taught me that I CAN actually jog too