My journey to healthy

Options
I am going on my second week of dieting and fitness and have used MFP and Fitbit as tools to get me where I want to be. I only weigh in once a week and my first week I lost 6 lbs!!!! I have FINALLY found a diet that works for me and is not leaving me feeling hungry all the time. I gave up sodas completely (they are my weakness) and have been off for 2 weeks now. I am feeling more and more encouraged as I see the numbers drop. I started walking for about an hour 3 times a day. I have recently discovered that I can actually jog!

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice work! That is a great first week loss! Welcome to your healthy journey!
  • griffingirl4life
    griffingirl4life Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! ALOT of hard work put into that lol
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 6 pounds! The reason this works is because it's not a diet. All this site does is help you track your calories and see what you're putting into your body. You can eat whatever you want, just fit it into your daily calorie goal. How many diets let you eat whatever you want? This is a lifestyle change and a great journey! Good luck on it!