35min workout DVD suggestions?

Options
curleesam
curleesam Posts: 462 Member
I finish 6 week 6 pack tonight and its a 35 minute workout I have loved doing. I wanted to purchase some other Jillian DVDs but they are all 50 mins. I know the shred is 20mins but I have a small baby and dont know if I can commit to 20mins every single day considering I go back to work soon.

Does anyone know of any suggestions of 30-35 min workout DVDs I can get away with doing 4 or 5 times per week?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have the 30 day shred abd it about 30 min by time you warm up and cool down. I dont do it everyday. Prob about 3/4 times a week. I like it because it not too long so I can fit it in.

Ive just ordered 6 week 6 pack - what was it like?x
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Oh ok cool. I didnt realise you could still get results if you didnt do it everyday.

You should hop on over to the six week six pack thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/240738-starting-jm-6-week-6-pack-sunday-22nd-may

I would highly recommend 6W6P, its a great workout and I have gotten great results from it. I have some pics on my profile but I will be sharing final update pics tomorrow after my final workout tonight.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 Day Shred from my On Demand from my cable company. It's about 30 min but I don't do it everyday either. Probably about once or twice a week since I mix it up with others (like 6 week 6 pack). Helluva a workout.. love it!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels yoga meltdown i think its 35 min. i love it! its tuff but...my muscles are poppin! good cardio too. she combines them both!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

You prob dont see results as quite as doing it for 30 days in a row - but what happends afterwards? you stop and go back to how your were? Im not sure, so Im just doing it long term several times per week and Im noticing results. xx
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Power 90 averages 28- 36 minutes...3 days cardio, 3 days strength training
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels yoga meltdown i think its 35 min. i love it! its tuff but...my muscles are poppin! good cardio too. she combines them both!

I have shred, yoga and 6 week 6 pack... when you log the yoga, how many calories do you burn?
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Jilliian's "No More Trouble Zones" is right at 40 minutes. I am switching that with daily with the 6 Pack DVD and I'm definitely seeing results.
  • jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dont use DVD's but I do use the Nike Training Club application. Where you can choose a work out from 15mins long to 45mins long :) You can mix it up and do more than one or just pick a longer one :)
  • Airbear3
    Options

I have shred, yoga and 6 week 6 pack... when you log the yoga, how many calories do you burn?

i log it as 215. i don't have a HRM but google it and the calorie burn there was 265 so i put in a cushion! its working cuz i'm losing so i know its not overestimated!
  • Airbear3
    Options

i log it as 215. i don't have a HRM but google it and the calorie burn there was 265 so i put in a cushion! its working cuz i'm losing so i know its not overestimated!

P.S. i just started the shed and although different muscle ar sore I sweat just as much!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

P.S. i just started the shed and although different muscle ar sore I sweat just as much!

ah-har! I log it less than 200 I think, my HRM is crap and when I entered yoga on MFP, it only says 120 or something but I knew it was more, just couldnt figure it out... Yeah I get the best sweat on from 6W6P, then Shred then Yoga Meltdown but I LLOOVEE each one of them!!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

You should hop on over to the six week six pack thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/240738-starting-jm-6-week-6-pack-sunday-22nd-may

I would highly recommend 6W6P, its a great workout and I have gotten great results from it. I have some pics on my profile but I will be sharing final update pics tomorrow after my final workout tonight.

Yeah come join us!

Re Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, whilst each one (including warm up and cool down) is about 50 min, you can choose to do individual circuits. I think each circuit is about 6 min each and the warm up 5min and cool down 5 min (which includes JM talking!), so if you only have 35 min you could drop a couple of circuits! I could have happily lived without the calisthenics circuit in BFBM (butt kicks followed by high knees followed by jumping jacks) which would have shortened my workout, but am too much of a glutton for punishment it would seem!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    "Look Better Naked" has two workouts on it, and each is 30 minutes when you include the warm-up and cool down. I like it because the trainer is peppy (JM just rubs me the wrong way, idk why) and you can have some variety from day to day.
  • Airbear3
    Options

ah-har! I log it less than 200 I think, my HRM is crap and when I entered yoga on MFP, it only says 120 or something but I knew it was more, just couldnt figure it out... Yeah I get the best sweat on from 6W6P, then Shred then Yoga Meltdown but I LLOOVEE each one of them!!

yes the yoga on here is low but i figure this isn't regular yoga it has the cardio aspect!
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I quite like my Davina DVD (My Three 30 Minute Workouts), it has three 30 minute workouts on it. She suggests you do all three in a week.
    I bought it a long time ago, but it still seems to be available on Amazon.

I also completed 30 day shred which is great! I did it in 34 days (4 days off) and the biggest difference was the toning in my arms and legs.

I am mixing my DVDs up at the moment. It's the shred tonight! :)
  • chadnfaith
    chadnfaith Posts: 7
    Options
    I am a JM fanatic! What she says, I do! :)

I have several of her DVDs and her Wii game (and her books). :) As far as the shorter ones, the 30 Day Shred, Yoga Meltdown and the Shred with Weights are all about the same length give or take a few minutes. I've mainly been using Shred with Weights lately; yes it's a kettlebell work out but one of the gals uses a dumbbell which is how I do it; same results! I LOVE that one!! Level two is a KILLER!

I do also have the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout that is hosted by JM. It's about the same length and pretty good as well.

The Wii game is fully customizable so it can be as long or short as you need it to be.

BFBM and NMTZ are longer but like someone said before, you can choose which circuits to do making it as long or short as you need.

I lost a ton of weight doing nothing but the third level of 30 day shred for about 8 months (lost 80 pounds) so it's hard for me to stray from it; but I do thoroughly enjoy "Shred w/Weights"...and Yoga Meltdown....which isn't like any other yoga you're likely to find anywhere. that is a workout!! :)
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!! Has so many short workouts that you can mix up or do alone.

WORKOUTS:
    15min HIIT
    20min HIIT
    25min HIIT

30min Cardio
    45min Cardio easy
    45min Cardio hard
    55min Cardio easy

20min Core
    30min Sculpt
    30min Tone

10min Stretch
    40min Stretch

HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Shorter periods of time but still a kick butt workout because it's maximum intensity.
    The TurboFire schedule may not be for you and some of the longer cardio workouts you may not have time for, but for the most bang for your short workouts, it's definitely a winner.