I need weight loss buddies.

Options
Maanu60
Maanu60 Posts: 2 Member
Hey guys im trying to lose a mass chunk of fat from my body and i would really appreciate friends on Mfp who would help me do that and motivate me as well. I have lost 10kg in the past 3 months but my weight seems static now. It may increase but i dont think its going to decrease easily now since I've lost my water weight. Anyways wish me luck... transformation! Here i come!

Replies

• deeishere23
    deeishere23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • DanHawsAntiGainz
    DanHawsAntiGainz Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good luck :smile:
  • DanHawsAntiGainz
    DanHawsAntiGainz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could try intermittent fasting, to defeat your stop in weight loss
  • OnAMisson87
    OnAMisson87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I've just joined. Feel free to add me. Done one week, next week I start getting serious x
  • namkroWsixelA
    namkroWsixelA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck love! Just keeping working hard and don't give up!
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Determination, dedication and consistency is key! Always keep your goal in mind at any and every point of your day! You've got this! Good luck!! :D
  • jrhoden
    jrhoden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this! trust me if I can, anything is possible! My best friend is now my Vivofit and MyFitness Pal app on my phone. My Vivofit makes me aware of how little I was moving and makes me more accountable to myself to meet my step goals. I'm on a 1200 calories per day plan. most important I am moving! As of today I am down 50 lbs with another 50 to go! if you had told me in February 2015, I would never thought I would have made it this far. If you need encouragement, just add me as a friend. It hasn't been easy and I've had good day and great days and some days I wanted to give up! Just hang in there !
  • Gwyffendor
    Gwyffendor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost a bit more, but I am not at my target weight yet.

Yet there is hope. :)

First of all, congratulations on losing the 10 kg. I tried it in the past, and it took me nearly a year to achieve. I decided to try a more rigorous method this year, with intermittent fasting. It helped me get rid of 60 percent of the total weight I needed to lose. It may not be right for most people, but as long as you don't lose more than about 1 kg per week, you should be fine. ;)

Now (for me) it is time to review my lifestyle. It could be right for you to look at yours too. You've already lost 10 kg, and your main goal is now to adopt a way of living and eating to prevent your body from gaining more weight. Do not worry too much about losing more, for about a month, but learn to drink enough water (not juices!), eat lean and varied, and mostly: ENJOY healthy eating.

When it gets warmer during Summer, your metabolism will change. You may be tempted to use more sugary drinks, or even ice cream. If your changed diet allows it, that won't be a problem. Intermittent fasting is easier to start during the warmer months, because rapidly losing fat will also mean you'll get cold easier. ENJOY the sunshine and take (long) walks as much as you can - just don't overdo it.

I think you can do it right!

Also, have a look at BBC's What's The Right Diet For You? and download the interactive eBook. It helped me before I started using MFP, though MFP does not like the intermittent fasting - it considers it unhealthy. Science has shown it works, but not what it does to your body over a long period of time. I suggest to use it only to lose weight.
  • albanes7
    albanes7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same! Add me?
  • kaseykae
    kaseykae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm looking to lose some too! Feel free to add me x
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together add me
  • IvannaCakes
    IvannaCakes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! Need motivated friends, add me if you would like.
  • Samy63
    Samy63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jrhoden wrote: »
    You can do this! trust me if I can, anything is possible! My best friend is now my Vivofit and MyFitness Pal app on my phone. My Vivofit makes me aware of how little I was moving and makes me more accountable to myself to meet my step goals. I'm on a 1200 calories per day plan. most important I am moving! As of today I am down 50 lbs with another 50 to go! if you had told me in February 2015, I would never thought I would have made it this far. If you need encouragement, just add me as a friend. It hasn't been easy and I've had good day and great days and some days I wanted to give up! Just hang in there !

Big congratulations to you..50lbs in 4 months !!!! how did you do that?? I need to do what you are doing
  • spingirldc
    spingirldc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do. Just remember as my trainer always says "It's about progress, not perfection."