I'm such a creature of habit....

Options
Every morning, without fail, I have one coffee a day, not just a plain old coffee but a 'posh' coffee from the coffee machine.
Now here's the irony, I never used to drink coffee, or caffeine filled drinks, but my husband bought a coffee machine and the rest is history.
I tried on Saturday not to have a coffee, had my 'usual' breakfast and then headed out to town shopping, ended up with the worst headache ever. I purchased water, drank it, still there, bought another bottle, nope not shifting, so in the end opted for paracetamol which eventually kicked in. I want to try and wean myself off, but I have to confess I do enjoy my morning latte.
The other thing is, when I look at my diary, i am so same old same old....I am no chef and do not take pleasure in cooking so quick and easy is my way to work, which as you all know is not the best option.....got to keep trying tho, I like the fact MFP actually makes me take stock of what I am putting into my body

Replies

• bluejennn
    bluejennn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about switching to black coffee? Still has the caffeine and almost no calories so I don't feel guilty about having a few cups in the morning.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with coffee, I drink it black - zero cals
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but not so keen on the real coffee option haha
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    AngieD2203 wrote: »
    Yeah, but not so keen on the real coffee option haha

I'm not sure what you make exactly but their are ways to make it lighter. Use skim milk, use a smaller cup, add less sugar or use-sugar free flavoring, etc. Its the lack of caffeine that caused the headache. Experiment until you find a drink that fits better in your day.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Why are you wanting to give up your coffee?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    If you do want to quit the caffeine...you can try tapering off. Make yours half decaf for a few days then slowly go more decaf then regular until you are all decaf.

There are tons of studies out there that show that a bit of coffee is good for you.

I think since coffee grow on trees (the bean is a pit of a coffee cherry) it should count as a fruit and fit so nicely into our macros for the days! :wink:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with a morning latte. A latte is just milk and coffee. If you are concerned about calories, you can try a lower calorie milk (if you use whole, try 2%, for example.)

I devote 8 oz. of milk to my morning coffee every day. It hasn't even crossed my mind to take it out.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee with almond milk. Still doesn't taste as good as regular milk, but I still get my caffeine fix for a fraction of the calories.
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Look on pinterest and you will find LOTS of low calorie coffee ideas.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    My bold coffee with a dash of heavy cream and coconut oil, a couple squares of yummy 85% cocoa dark chocolate to munch on. 110 calories or so. And very much worth it!

Mmmmm....