Temptaton

Options
SO....5 days into my new wellness plan my mom decides to have everyone over for dinner in honor of fathers day.....WHY WHY WHY?? I was able to stay wayyyy under my daily caloric goal. Anyone else share my struggle?? LOL!!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself and work it into your calorie goal. Log it and move on.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If you have been way under your daily caloric goal, then you have plenty to enjoy your day. Enjoy Father's Day with your family. Log it as best you can.
  • reeves45
    reeves45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand. It is hard to resist great food. Nutmegoreo is right.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    cutsie64 wrote: »
    SO....5 days into my new wellness plan my mom decides to have everyone over for dinner in honor of fathers day.....WHY WHY WHY??

Well... maybe you really already know this but I am going to say it anyway. The rest of the world isn't going to stop just because you, or me, are on a diet. If you want to be successful you are going to have to learn how to function in a world that is not always exactly the way you would prefer. Society puts a great deal of emphasis on making food central to so many aspects of life. Might as well start getting used to dealing with that early on before you have to deal with the long stretch of holiday feasting that starts in October.
  • LisaFlag
    LisaFlag Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You got to plan for holidays. Eat enough of a deficit for the week before and after so a holiday doesn't blow your goals out of the water.
  • cutsie64
    cutsie64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I did manage to survive Fathers Day dinner with my family--I still came in 300 calories under my daily goal!! Thanks to everyone for their support.