30 Day Shred

Options
On day 8 of Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred, coupled with a change in nutrition (not saying diet!!), and feeling good having lost 5 pounds.

But does anyone else find that their calves are incredibly sore during some of the moves. Day 8 and the calves still hurt!

Replies

• chlz1997
    chlz1997 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have only completed 2 days of level 1 so far. Day 3 will be tonight. Right now for me....my pain is mostly in my abs, ribs and thighs. As for your calves...maybe you could do some additional stretching targeting that area to help loosen them up before & after the workout. Congrats on your success so far!! :)
  • Teurfske
    Teurfske Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have pain, don't do the training every day. I do my excercises every other day and don't have any problem anymore.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't do it everyday. I do 2 days on and 1 day off. Some people do 5-6 days on and 1 day off. Some will do 2 rests for every 10 days and take those 2 rests when the feel they need to (so 1 could be after 3 days and the other could be after day 8). Doing it everyday puts you at a higher risk of injury so don't be afraid to take a rest day.

The first time I attempted this workout, I was "dead" on the floor half way through and pretty sore for the next couple days. I did it for about a week that first time, got bored and put the dvd on a shelf for 2 years. I'm attempting it again, but I'm in a lot better shape since the first time I tried. I moved onto level 2 on Saturday (after doing level 1...7 times).
  • MegTK
    MegTK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started working out again 3days ago. On the first day I completed part of JM's yoga meltdown and day 2 I did level 1 of shred. All I could bring myself to do yesterday was light yoga and walking. My calves are still in so much pain! Not sure what I'll be able to get in today. A walk for sure, maybe another attempt at 30DS? But the pain!