Coffee Creamer

Options
I'm a coffee drinker-about 3 cups a day-but would like to use a creamer that won't kill my calories. I can't bring myself to drink it black, I do like a little flavor. Any suggestions?

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Personally, I switched from flavored creamers to just a small splash of 1/2 & 1/2 (20 calories per Tbl). I really enjoy my coffee this way now.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I drink mine with 18% cream. The 50 (approx) calories are worth it to me, and I use about 26mL per mug.
  • MusicalMelanie11
    MusicalMelanie11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee drinker too! I have a large container of International Delight's French Vanilla in my fridge :) The 35 calories per Tbsp doesn't seem too horrible to me, but I've been cutting back to one cup a day and just having a coke zero during the day if I need a pick me up. (It took a while to get accustomed to though, since I used to just POUR the creamer in) If you don't mind the taste of them too much, I recommend the fat-free and/or sugar-free creamers. International Delight has some fat-free and sugar-free flavors that are 15 calories per Tbsp, and Coffee Mate has fat-free flavors for 25 calories, and sugar-free for 15.
  • MrsBorderline
    MrsBorderline Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love the Coldstone Sweet Cream creamer and allow myself 3 tablespoons (105 calories) once a day. Sometimes twice :smile:
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to using Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk in mine. About 1/2 a cup with one packet of sugar works. I do like the Natural Bliss Creamer No Sugar Added creamer. It's been a struggle for me too as I love my creamy sweet coffee.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just take my coffee with half and half. It's actually pretty low cal and gives a teeny bit of protein.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half. The 40 +/- calories are so worth it; gotta start the day with a good cup of coffee, well 2 cups.
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with my creamer, so I'm having to limit myself to not drinking coffee. But when I do, I use the sugar free Coffee Mate French Vanilla. And when I'm completely throwing my caution to the wind, I use Almond Joy creamer.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have never tried half and half for coffee. I will try it!
  • cal1417
    cal1417 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, thanks so much!! My Starbucks venti skinny vanilla lattes are a thing of the past...but I miss them...haha!