Assess my squat

Options
2»

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    What I meant, above, is that I couldn't really see if the knees were tracking in the same alignment as the foot (as opposed to caving in, or what have you). I said "looks like your knees are over your toes" meaning that it looked like her knees were (correctly) tracking over the alignment/angle of the foot (but that I couldn't verify due to screwy video). I'm not a pro, so I am not sure if her knees actually should be over the toes; I communicated poorly. Meant knees tracking in the same alignment of her foot. Sorry...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »

squats.jpg

Not to quibble, but the guy in that sketch has abnormally tiny feet and pointy knees. B)

Finding a good personal trainer.

don't extremity shame
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    What I meant, above, is that I couldn't really see if the knees were tracking in the same alignment as the foot (as opposed to caving in, or what have you). I said "looks like your knees are over your toes" meaning that it looked like her knees were (correctly) tracking over the alignment/angle of the foot (but that I couldn't verify due to screwy video). I'm not a pro, so I am not sure if her knees actually should be over the toes; I communicated poorly. Meant knees tracking in the same alignment of her foot. Sorry...

No big deal, I just couldn't comprehend anything earlier.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Got it, thanks. :)
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It could just be the end of the day and me being burnt out... but I'm not following the knee's over toes comments in here. It's pretty normal for knees to track over toes while squatting, especially if you're hitting depth... Are we suggesting otherwise?

squats.jpg

It seemed a bit too far over. She seems to bounce the weight off the balls of her feet at the beginning of the concentric part of the lift (a bit too far over) and then gets the load centered after that. But the video is squished so it is indeed kind of hard to tell.