Losing Weight Before Pregnancy

Options
The hubby and I are planning to start TTC #1 late this year/early next and I have about 40 more pounds I would like to lose. Looking to gain a network of supportive friends with similar goals and plans to provide support, insight, and motivation.

I have had many attempts to lose the weight with only some success this year. I am currently down 10 lbs but have a relatively long way to go. Having a network/support group of like-minded women I think would help push me to reach my goals and provide the best possible start to a first pregnancy.

Feel free to message/friend me!

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals. Looking to learn se 10-20 more before I start trying in about a year
  • KhalanAmnell
    KhalanAmnell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds but I am realistic enough to know I will not lose the entire hundred before we try for this next baby as I am 40 years old and my time is running short
  • MrsR130
    MrsR130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! I am also thinking of starting up a group - I can invite you all to that as well if you are interested. Glad to see that there are others with the same goals and plans!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm game. TTC in the next 12-18 months (or sooner if it was my choice!), want to lose about 25 ish pounds.
  • Jaggers818
    Jaggers818 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'd like to lose the weight I regained after going off Weight Watchers (15 lbs) and would like to get pregnant by the end of the year. I'm dealing with fertility treatments so I'm worried about weight gain from meds.
  • staci_pie
    staci_pie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like trying to get my weight down as ttc baby 1. Been a tough year as we have been trying since april 2014 with no luck and people all around me getting pregnant with no effort so i have put a lot of weight on. Looking to lose around 80ibs.
  • CayceEuk
    CayceEuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm a few days late to this thread, but I would love to join you all. I already have a son, was overweight when I got pregnant with him, got down to pre-pregnancy weight after he was born but then put on about 20lbs (probably the constant snacking/treats and some of the tedium of staying home with a baby). My husband and I are starting to think about trying for a second and I would love to get back down to the weight I was when I got pregnant with my first. I would eventually like to lose more, to get down to the healthy range, but like KhalanAmnell above, I'm a bit older so don't really want to wait too much longer.

I'll ask join the group, just didn't want to join without posting an introduction here.

Look forward to chatting!
  • courtneysmith34
    courtneysmith34 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I as well am trying to lose a few pounds before having my 2nd baby. I had some health issues that came with my 1st, I'm hoping a little weight loss will help me avoid some of those complications.
  • natalieking13
    natalieking13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! My husband and I are thinking we want to try in September ish, and I'd like to be down 25 or 30 lbs by then!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Joined the group-feel free to add me, just add a message that you saw me here!
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me I'm also trying to lose weight so I can have a healthy weight when im pregnant glad to see you here :)
  • weightsandmeasure
    weightsandmeasure Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm a bit late to this thread. I, too, am TTC, and have been for 10 months with no success. I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs before we have to look at fertility treatments/support. I've done WW for years and am very tired of it. I'm hoping to try something new and find a group of women who are in a similar place as I am. I've put in a request to join the private group.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    I joined the group but havent been accepted yet?
    Hi Ladies, I'm a bit late to this thread. I, too, am TTC, and have been for 10 months with no success. I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs before we have to look at fertility treatments/support. I've done WW for years and am very tired of it. I'm hoping to try something new and find a group of women who are in a similar place as I am.
    Sorry to hear that you havent had any success yet. Hopefully weightloss will make the difference!

Also, I've put in a request to join the private group and havent been accepted yet. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • MrsR130
    MrsR130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been accepted! I don't get those notifications on my phone and have been traveling for the past week, sorry for the delay!
  • kuriboshoe
    kuriboshoe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'd like to join this group, too! Just sent the request. I'd like to get down at least 20 pounds by January before we start TTC.
  • KellyLotus33
    KellyLotus33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join!
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We're going to start TTC baby #3 this fall and I have 20-25lbs to lose.
  • hillarywhite22
    hillarywhite22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We seem to be in the same boat! My fiance and I are planning on starting TTC baby #1 March or April of 2016. I want to lose about 35 pounds in order to give our baby the best environment to grow in. I also have only lost 10 pounds since starting my weight loss journey ~3 months ago. I would love to have you as a friend and have someone to talk to!

ALSO! If you haven't already read "What to expect BEFORE You're Expecting", it's a great read! It tells you other ways to prep your body for pregnancy (i.e. start taking prenatal vitamins now).