Pre workout drink that's really good? And taste good!

Options

Replies

• CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Post workout I go for a mix of glucose powder, milk, quark and (frozen) blueberries
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What is a good pre workout drink
    AND post workout drink

Good for what, exactly?

Everything from water to coffee to soda to "gatorade" is used by lots of different people, depending on what they're trying to accomplish.

So....what specifically are you trying to accomplish with your pre-workout drink? Not sure why you're getting snotty with people who are actually trying to help you by actually trying to understand what you're really asking for....

• JocelynDeshane
    JocelynDeshane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hahahah didn't get snotty. Lol I say THANK YOU to the people who actually were helpful. Because they were. Have a nice day. Lol
  • liz4440
    liz4440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Why are people responding either with sarcasm or just total disregard for her question, and then get mad bc she doesn't like your response? Why respond at all if you don't have anything to actually contribute? And why be so judgemental about it..some don't use pre/post work out and that's fine. But what works for one person may not work for you, and vice versa. So just be nice
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    liz4440 wrote: »
    Why are people responding either with sarcasm or just total disregard for her question...

It wasn't sarcasm, it was clarification, because the question in the OP wasn't informative enough to solicit meaningful answers.

• liz4440
    Options
    I was referring more to this:
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Honestly, if you're using pre and post workout drinks because of all the hype around them and because you're witnessing people using them, just know that there's no real reason to use them unless you're an elite athlete or just plain lack in nutrition (which is probably why you're on here in the first place).
    It's a lot of money to spend when it contributes so little to how fitness and weight loss is achieved

[/quote]

to me, that is judgment
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I looooove C4 icy blue razz pre workout. I just drink water after tho, and eat a meal with plenty of protein
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Would someone please explain why a person would need to ask what to drink pre- and post-workout?

I really don't understand the question.
  • liz4440
    Options
    Pre...my guess is to give you energy. . Post..to help you recover...lots of body builders drink post workout drinks...lots of protein. I for one drink a pre workout drink because I work at night and when i get off work I'm beat...the pre work out gives me quick energy so I can go and have a decent workout
  • C10_ramirez
    C10_ramirez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    AND post workout drink

Water and water.

You can drink water after drinking your Pre workout. Always good to keep hydrated. Water doesn't give you the needed energy to pump through your workouts. People are judgmental about pre workout and post workout sups but it's just the ignorance.
  • C10_ramirez
    C10_ramirez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    But in my opinion C4 by Celucor are the best tasting pre workout sups. And during I take Calucor BCAA or just a Gatorade because my workouts get intense. Post I take Optimum nutrition Gold Standard WHEY double rich chocolate, any optimum nutrition product or Celucor will taste great. Before bed take some Caesin protein, it's great to keep supporting your body during recovery even while you're sleeping because of the way it's slow digesting. I hope to have helped somewhat.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Would someone please explain why a person would need to ask what to drink pre- and post-workout?

I really don't understand the question.

a pre-work out drink is often consumed to give a boost in energy. it's usually an energy drink or mix with caffeine and sugar.

post-workout a protein shake is usually consumed to aid with recovery and help replenish the body.
  • Mr_Knight
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Honestly, if you're using pre and post workout drinks because of all the hype around them and because you're witnessing people using them, just know that there's no real reason to use them unless you're an elite athlete or just plain lack in nutrition (which is probably why you're on here in the first place).
    It's a lot of money to spend when it contributes so little to how fitness and weight loss is achieved

to me, that is judgment

It's an observation - and it is of the product, not the person using it.

PS It's also a correct statement.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with water for drinking. If I feel like I need an energy boost, I'll eat an apple or an orange before a workout. Drinks don't really do it for me.

I usually eat dinner after my workout, so I don't really see the point in a "post" workout drink. I will drink a protein shake a few times a week if I feel like I'm too low on my protein. But that's literally a "not going to hit my macros" decision and has zero to do with when I'm working out.

This is what works for me, YMMV.
  • Mr_Knight
    edited June 2015
    Options
    But in my opinion C4 by Celucor are the best tasting pre workout sups.

C4 is basically flavoured caffeine.

A whole lot of caffeine.

• kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    AND post workout drink

Water and water.

+1
  • NesCastanon
    NesCastanon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pre: C-4 Fruit punch Post: MP compat powder protein shake.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

to me, that is judgment [/quote]

I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about a post from ninerbuff. He is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on this site. He simply attempted to clarify to the OP why she does not have to use a pre or post workout supplement. Where is the judgement in assuming OP is not an elite athlete?
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I like Emergenc packets for pre/during workout. It has electrolytes and I think the vitamins give me an energy boost, but it could be just psychological :)
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I would be concerned that pre-workout drinks might cause me to consume too much caffeine or sugar. I work out in the morning, so I will have a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of black coffee (for the caffeine), and possibly a small piece of fruit. I'm not doing an extremely challenging routine, just a few (4-6) miles walking and/or jogging followed by some pilates or yoga. Afterwards, I make a protein shake with a banana (for potassium), peanut butter, soy protein powder, and almond milk. That stands in as my breakfast, not in addition to a meal.