Enjoying exercise?

Options
joolieb1
joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
i have always hated exercise but have been doing moderate exercise for a couple of months now. Seeing the calories burned and with the encouragement of others, I am looking forward to e revising! Walking faster, getting out of breath less, thinking of buying a better bike and even doing some step aerobics! Am I addicted to moving or just losing it?zloe71znm3yt.jpg

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! One thing I did that made "exercise" more fun was to change the way I think about it.......it's not a workout, it's play time!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's glorious when it starts to get easier. I have to work really hard to get out of breath now.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Love it OP and super cute pic :)
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Awesome pic!
    I am a lot younger but never enjoyed exercise untill I found a class I loved and started doing it regularly.
    I recently moved and was without a gym for a few months. Sitting still drove me crazy.
    Enjoy your body and all the amazing things it can do OP!
  • amandadunwoody
    amandadunwoody Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was in the same boat. I was never athletic, did whatever it took to ditch gym class lol. The past 2 months of regular exercise have been a revelation! I love it! I feel great! Glad it's working for you too!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Keep enjoying yourself.
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Expecting to keep fit into old age now - I am blessed at 51 to have joints and muscles that work after all the neglect. I see people my age hobbling about or even in mobility scooters. Play time is now LOL! For me it is about variety, I don't have to do only one type of exercise and become amazing at it, I can just move for fun. Love my Map My Ride App as it is possible to see improvement in speed and distance too
  • amc29
    amc29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Count me in the reformed exercise hater camp! I also find that switching my cardio frequently helps keep me moving. Videos, rowing machine, running, I can't do the same thing all the time or I stop having fun.

Glad you've found something you love, OP!