moms with a lot to lose

Options
tbway
tbway Posts: 4 Member
Hi!

I'm 26, married, and mom to a toddler. I have 100-125 lbs to lose. Would love some fellow moms to add as friends to help keep each other motivated and just share life. I'm two weeks in and just under 8lbs down. Weekends kill me though. Ugh... Trying to do better!

Replies

• 4Hope6613
    4Hope6613 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started tonight! I have a lot to loose
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far. :flowerforyou:

Don't give up. I started with wanting to lose 130 lbs and one baby boy. I'm now 4.5 lbs away from my goal and have 2 baby boys. There will be bumps in the road and obstacles to tackle. Just keep pushing through.

Some good threads to read that may help you further are:
    Logging Accurately Step by Step Guide
    A Guide to Get You Started on Your Path to Sexypants
    Links in MFP You Want to Read Again and Again

9055.gif
  • Hazellae
    Hazellae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a mama to a 5 month old and have about 80lbs to lose, so here for the long haul if I can manage it. Feel free to message me if you want a buddy! x
  • explodingballoons
    explodingballoons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow - kudos to you guys. I have 2 kids, a husband and 40lbs. Wanting to lose one of those :smile:
  • explodingballoons
    Options
    is it wrong of me to find motivation by watching 'extreme makeover: weight loss edition' on youtube while I'm on the treadmill?
  • kayetippet
    kayetippet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum to a 16 month old boy and getting depressed with how big I have gotten, need to lose 40lbs (down 3lbs so far) been at it for a week, really need to loss the "saggy mummy belly" I've just turned 25 and I'm determined!!
  • LyaNox
    LyaNox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for 2 weeks and lost 5 of the 40-50 pounds I want to loose. Being in my 40s with a sedentary job and having 3 kids in 7 years as an older mom has taken a toll on my body. Time to make a change. Feel free to add me.
  • eshea25
    eshea25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting and also in my 40's. I have a 15 year old Autistic son and sit for 12 hours a day at work. I think it's literally killing me. I'm looking for some good recipes, motivation, helpful hints.
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and have about 125 lbs to lose...starting my second week today :)
  • lorz83
    lorz83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I join in please?? I have an 8 month old, currently more than a stone heavier than I was the day I got home from hospital after giving birth. Really struggling to get my head back "in the zone" to lose weight, I keep making a start, losing 7lbs, falling off the wagon, and gaining 9lbs! Some other mums might just be the motivation I could do with!!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a mother of 1 with 40lbs to loose so I can try for my second baby.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone ! I'm a mother of 2 and wanting to lose about 40 lbs. I love getting support and giving support ! To me the more support the better !
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 5 and full time student. I seem to do really well during my summer break and the gain it all back when fall and cold weather hits. I would love to have more friends who can help motivate me :)
  • Bctyummum
    Bctyummum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've got a toddler, I find days I'm off work really hard. Good luck x
  • dlw2202
    dlw2202 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm a single mom of 14 yr old twins. Have lost 57 lbs so far but still need to loss 30-40 more. I struggle with weekend as our days are not as routined and still don't have the "love to exercise" bug... but I'm plugging along and would love some additional support.
  • explodingballoons
    Options
    'snaps' to everyone on here! I am a mum of 2 with 30lbs to lose (sw = 174lbs). Its good to know that it is possible....
  • jessielynn4888
    jessielynn4888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to an almost 2 year old. My prepregnancy weight was 195 (I was trying to lose weight then also). I am now weighing in at 239. I lost two pounds my first week, which is depressing since I stayed under 1600 calories, drank a bunch of water, and walked everyday. I could use some motivation also. My immediate goal is 191, but I really need to lose more than 50 pounds. That is the minimum. Good luck! Feel free to add.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to an almost 2 year old. My prepregnancy weight was 195 (I was trying to lose weight then also). I am now weighing in at 239. I lost two pounds my first week, which is depressing since I stayed under 1600 calories, drank a bunch of water, and walked everyday. I could use some motivation also. My immediate goal is 191, but I really need to lose more than 50 pounds. That is the minimum. Good luck! Feel free to add.

@jessielynn4888 - You should not be depressed by this. It's a great accomplishment. Keep in mind that the max recommendation for healthy weight loss is 2 lbs per week. You should be very proud of your accomplishment. It's not easy to lose 2 lbs in a week.
  • ColiMcL
    ColiMcL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 5 year old girl and almost 2 year old boy. My son has a lot of medical problems and the stress has caused me to gain a ton of weight. I hope to loose the weight and start feeling better about myself!
  • HollySchuldt
    HollySchuldt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holly, I have 40-50 lbs to lose. Mommy of 2 girls, 5 and 1. I just turned 25 and want to feel like I'm in my 20s not my 40s! (No offense to the 40s hehe) ADD me and we can do this together! Would love to have a bunch of other moms to lose with!