Hi...

Options
vsymons
vsymons Posts: 2 Member
I'm not really new to MFP, but I've just started back up after falling off track (again), but I've never posted on a message board. I'm only 28 and have struggled with my weight for the better part of my life (I currently have over 100lbs to lose to be considered "a healthy weight"). I've been on tons of "diets" and know that I need to make good and positive lifestyle changes (not just quick fixes), and I know what's right and wrong when it comes to making food decisions, but my problem has always been staying motivated long-term.

I'll make great choices and change and be determined that this time is it, this is the time that it sticks and I'll be better and healthier... and then I'll plateau (and at my size it really shouldn't be happening as quickly as it seems to, but it does) and I'll try and try and see absolutely no change and then I just fall into a slump and think, what's the point of all this healthy eating if I can't even get CLOSE to a healthy weight!

Ultimately, I've done this so many times before and failed. So I need to change something about how I approach things this time around. I've never liked going to meetings or messaging on various boards for whatever reason, it's just never appealed to me, but I figure this time around maybe it will be what makes the difference. I'm not even really sure what I'm looking for with this post, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what comes of it.

Thanks for reading

Replies

• Bctyummum
    Bctyummum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't like to count how many diets, meetings etc I've done over the years. My problem is keeping it off long term too. Just hoping it will stick this time. Good luck xx