WHAT TO EAT

Options
I can follow calories almost to the 1200, but that does not help me lose weight, is there a plan to help you lose weight?

Replies

• whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you are eating 1200 calories per day, you should be losing weight. Are you tracking accurately? Weighing and measuring foods? How long have you been tracking?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. But I advise you eat nutrient dense food on a 1200 calorie diet, I reckon it's quite restricting in terms of 'treats'.
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Also, you could make your diary public. That way we could look at what and how you are logging and give specific suggestions.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you're consistently eating the same amount of calories and not losing weight, you're at maintenance. You need to create a caloric deficit by decreasing the amount of calories consuming, increasing the number of calories burned (exercise) or both.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    IF you are accurately tracking your calories and still not losing weight at 1200 (and not a 5' tall chipmunk) then you need to consult a doctor to rule out any thyroid issues or hormonal causes and discuss any medications that you are currently taking.

If you have been yo-yo dieting for a long period or crash dieting you may need to rehab your metabolism by reverse dieting over an appropriate length of time back to maintenance calories before starting again.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    faith7jar wrote: »
    I can follow calories almost to the 1200, but that does not help me lose weight, is there a plan to help you lose weight?

You're doing it wrong. And you need to give us a lot more information if anyone here is to give you any useful advice. But here are a few thoughts...

Do you use a food scale, not cups, not packages and not guesstimating based on your awesome powers of guessing, but an actual food scale for determining how many calories are in your food.

Are you logging everything that passes your lips that isn't water?

How tall are you, how active are you and how much do you have to loose?

Is your diary open?