I need to change my life

Options
Hi, My name is Shelley. I am struggling with my weight. My goal is to lose 100lbs. I'm not putting a time frame, because I don't care how long it takes, I'm 150% ready to do this. I'm new to this. Actually, my doctor told me to do this, so I'm hopeful this will help.

Replies

• naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It helped me, if just in helping me see how much I was eating and how many calories are in some foods.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This will be the hardest thing you can ever do but it will be so worth it. Take one day at a time you will make mistakes but don't say okay ill just eat what I want for the rest of the day. Start fresh with the next meal don't waste a day of bad eating because you made one bad choice. If you exercise with eating right you will see a much better difference in your appearance but maybe not the scale so take before and after pictures. God Bless your journey!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly. You are starting with the right attitude and attitude is like 90% of this in my opinion. I've been on here for about 18 months and I've lost 35lbs...It's taking me a long time and I backslide periodically but I'm not giving up! Once you get rid of the idea that you have to lose in x time frame things get easier. You got this. Feel free to send me a friend request if you like. I've still got another 40lbs to go.
  • leesa_08
    leesa_08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been going strong for 89 days straight of sticking(95% of the time) to my deficit and I am down 24lbs. MFP helps a lot, just stick to eating at a deficit and you will lose weight. Feel free to add me if you need friends to help motivate you :smile: Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly! You will find many people doing this so many ways on this forum. Either way, nomatter what way you do it, consistency and desire for change is going to make it impossible to fail. Personally I can't make things too strict otherwise I know i will go back 100% to the old ways. So now it's small substitutions, or same naughty snack but the portion is modified. I allow myself to go out for dinner etc but I work out before hand so It doesn't put me over my daily limit. I came here to lose 50# and still have 2/3 of my goal to go. (and realizing after weight lifting that I may not need to lose all 50 if I have higher muscle mass) When something burns I tell myself "its working" and when I am done doing reps I tell myself "three more". The beginning is the hardest because the results aren't there yet. Know that and prepare your mind for how you are going to talk yourself out of the excuses.
  • kscarf1
    kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley! I am also trying to lose 100 pounds. I have been on MFP for almost two months and I've lost over 20 pounds. I have a long way to go but I am going to get there, and you can too! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want us to provide mutual support and ideas to each other. Best of luck to you!
  • ejakupov
    ejakupov Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley,

Welcome and congratulations on making a great first step towards a healthier life. :) Keeping a log of your daily calorie intake should help you make good food choices - it is a big help for me because i find I make better choices when eating out - for example i'll get salad on the side rather than fries, because i know that I'll be logging it later and I love to see a calorie deficit. Keeping a food diary and exercising five times a week has helped me lose over 20 lbs.
    Just don't get discouraged if you don't see results as fast as you'd like to - it's not always easy to stay motivated. Just remember, we're all in this together and you have a community here that can offer you support and guidance whenever you need it.

Good luck :)
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley - you can do it :)

I have lost 52lb using this site every day since last summer.

Stick with this website and the people here. Read and listen to the people here who have done it. Get some successful friends on here. Log all your food - get some scales. It makes all the difference. There is a lot of expertise here as well I wish you success :)