Just started Turbo Fire, have a question..

Options
I just started turbo fire the other day. What should I do if I'm not that good at it and miss some parts? Like should I just keep going through each week doing it how I am doing, or repeat each week til I get it?? Thanks

Replies

• mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    Are you doing the regular schedule (on the poster sheet)? I'm doing the Prep schedule in the book, and it starts off a lot easier. It alternates the same 5 routines for the first 3 weeks, before moving on to other routines, so it's easier to get the hang of things.

You can also pick the "New to Class" option on the "Fire30/45" videos - Chalene will demonstrate the moves before going at full speed.

Good luck! It's a challenging, but fun program! I've been losing weight steadily on it!

7432331.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    After doing the routine a few times, it gets much easier to learn the moves and know what is coming up next, etc. If you're having problems, try doing the "New to Class" routine. It goes a little slower, breaking down what you should be doing. I know some people who have found it to be helpful.

Remember - just keep moving. You're still burning calories!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of TF, I still don't think I'm good at it, but it has me up and moving and that's what it's all about. Have you watched the how to's of each work out? They do help, some. Just keep pushing play, you will get better and at least it's fun and your getting a great workout.
  • phatnfitHeidi
    phatnfitHeidi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started turbo fire the other day. What should I do if I'm not that good at it and miss some parts? Like should I just keep going through each week doing it how I am doing, or repeat each week til I get it?? Thanks

Hey girly!!
    OMG when I saw this I knew I had to reply. :) I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet, I swear! LOL! And having a husband who majored in dance & chuckles at me when I can't get the steps down...NOT a big help either. But I just stuck with it. Don't worry about repeating the video until you get it. That will come...and it'll get more fun as you go along. Be patient with yourself and use the "New to Class" option. As long as you're moving, you're burning calories!! *HUGS*

Heidi
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the new to class, I guess I thought I didn't need it!! hahah I was wrong!! I will try that a couple times and see if that helps! Thanks so much!!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Hey girly!!
    OMG when I saw this I knew I had to reply. :) I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet, I swear! LOL! And having a husband who majored in dance & chuckles at me when I can't get the steps down...NOT a big help either. But I just stuck with it. Don't worry about repeating the video until you get it. That will come...and it'll get more fun as you go along. Be patient with yourself and use the "New to Class" option. As long as you're moving, you're burning calories!! *HUGS*

Heidi

I'm in week 7 of the prep schedule. On days like yesterday I was as coordinated as a newborn baby deer. Like that scene in Housesitter when Goldie Hawn takesd that African dance class and is not doing anything close to what the rest of the class is doing-but she's moving like crazy! Just keep moving!
    The "New to Class" option is great but the workout take just a bit longer. I've had weeks when I couldn't do the schedule exactly as it is printed so I switched the days around to make it work for whatever I was doing that week. For the most part, I'm following the schedule. Be patient, keep moving, and remember when you're sweating buckets, feel like you can't go any longer..."Guess what? You're not tired!" Eventually instead of thinking to yourself, "Yes I am tired" you'll think "Yes I am ti....wait a minute no I'm not tired!"
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Just like Chalene said, even missteps burn calories. Just keep moving! You'll get better as the time goes on! :smile:
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this!!! I jsut started it this morning. I have a copy of it from a friend so I dont have the new to class option or the book to go with it. I am super uncoordinated adn was getting mad at myself this morning cause I couldnt keep up with the punches....I was swinging arms EVERYWHERE! lol Anyone know where I can get a schedue on what to do each day?
  • jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the regular schedule (on the poster sheet)? I'm doing the Prep schedule in the book, and it starts off a lot easier. It alternates the same 5 routines for the first 3 weeks, before moving on to other routines, so it's easier to get the hang of things.

You can also pick the "New to Class" option on the "Fire30/45" videos - Chalene will demonstrate the moves before going at full speed.

Good luck! It's a challenging, but fun program! I've been losing weight steadily on it!

7432331.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

OMG thank you so much I didn't even see that section in the book!!! I didn't bother reading that part, I thought it was just the same schedule as the regular one!!! I will def try that!!!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    I watched the new to class on some of them others I just try and spazz out during them and have fun I am kind of getting to the point that I have one memorized stretch 10 lol....really wish they were some different stretch tens but dang it I think I can do that one with out fail lol....I started off with the inferno week and tried the prep schedule but felt to easy after inferno but I had some mouth work done and family stuff so I am starting new tomorrow I think i was going to restart today but my mouth is still killing me and I miss my TF but I am just going to restart at day 1 since i was only a couple of weeks into it....but you will love it and learn to miss it

I found this link online --to the person that asked for the schedule

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/showthread.php?t=150514

if you scroll to the 2nd post it is the schedule the same that came with my packet it is a pdf my computer saw no viruses...hope that helps
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the new to class, I guess I thought I didn't need it!! hahah I was wrong!! I will try that a couple times and see if that helps! Thanks so much!!
    Definitely do the new to class option for the first several times. It will make the workout longer, but you will get the moves down. You'll be a pro before you know it :)
  • pchance
    pchance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im on my 2nd chance of the prep schedule(missed 4 days n started ova)..I have to left arms n neither move fast..but they keep movin..like other members say keep on movin...even if u miss a move its fun n funny tryin to get back into step...Im luvin it and I def c n feel it wrkin...WOOHOO!!!! So neva stop movin :-)... Luvin my TF
  • tattoojunkie28
    tattoojunkie28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turbofire Prep Schedule - All 9 Weeks!

Week 1 -

Monday - Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday - Stretch 40
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Tone 30
    Friday - Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Saturday - Core 20
    Sunday - Stretch 40

Week 2 -

Monday - Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Tuesday - Stretch 40
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Sculpt 30
    Friday - Core 20 and Stretch 10
    Saturday - Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Sunday - Stretch 40

Week 3 -

Tuesday - Tone 30 and Stretch 10
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Friday - Stretch 40
    Saturday - Core 20 and Stretch 10
    Sunday - Stretch 40

Week 4 -

Tuesday - Tone 30 and Stretch 10
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Saturday - Fire 45 EZ
    Sunday - Core 20 and Stretch 10

Week 5 -

Monday - Fire 30 and Strecth 10
    Tuesday - Fire 45 EZ
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Sculpt 30 and Stretch 10
    Saturday - Fire 55 EZ

Week 6 -

Tuesday - Fire 55 EZ
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Sculpt 30 and Stretch 10
    Saturday - Core 20 and Stretch 10
    Sunday - Stretch 40

Week 7 -

Tuesday - Fire 55 EZ
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - HIIT 15 and Stretch 10
    Friday - Sculpt 30 and Core 20
    Saturday - Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10

Week 8 -

Tuesday - Fire 55 EZ
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - HIIT 15 and Stretch 10
    Friday - Sculpt 30 and Core 20

Week 9 -

Monday - Stretch 40
    Tuesday - Fire 45 and Stretch 10
    Wednesday - REST
    Thursday - Core 20 and Stretch 10
    Sunday - Stretch 40
  • nailed479
    Options
    I agree with all these post, especially when Chalene says as long as you are moving you ARE burning calories, and it's ok to modify moves as you feel like it until you get the hang of the program.
    I'm currently doing TF as well and I love it, I love the music and I'm a HUGE Chalene fan!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Always do the new to class your first time, or at least watch it first before doing the actual workout. Just keep moving forward... it takes a little time but before you know it you will have the hang of it! Turbo Fire is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • ladybug2000
    ladybug2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great feedback! I have the same problem. I have Turbo Fire and was feeling a little self conscious doing it. Thanks for posting!
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It takes time...keep going with it, you will learn the moves and fly through it! In the meantime even when you are making mistakes during your workout, you are still burning lots of calories!!