Mom of five on 90lb weight loss journey needs friends.

Options
Hi my name is Cara! I have lost 23lbs of my 90lb weight loss goal. I really just need some friends who have similar weight loss goals. I started gaining weight about six years ago. I went from 135lbs to 224lbs. I'm a married mother of five. I have a busy life and really just need a friend on the same journey.

Replies

• Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, I'm a mother of 3; going from 268.1 down to 150.
  • debmaison7
    debmaison7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i am a mother off 4 i am 245 and i am looking to lose 100lb feel free to add me
  • JenZombiemomSeim
    JenZombiemomSeim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Cara!! I too am on a 90lb journey. I have 3 kids at home (oldest being my hubby lol). I sent you a friend request and would love to team up with you!! I look forward to getting to know you!
  • caralemos83
    caralemos83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So true I'll add you. Thank you
  • caralemos83
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • KVaill
    KVaill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 (5yo boy & 2yo girl) the pounds have crept up over the years and I want to be able to play with my kids. Stopped BFing about 6 months ago & really noticed a jump in my weight. I'm at 181lbs right now and want to be around 140 or less. Add me if you'd like!
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a Mom of 5. I have around 50lbs to lose. Add if you would like.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm Rebecca - I'm 32, and have 2 step children. I have already lost about 60 pounds from my highest weight, but I am currently at 226.2, on my way to 145. I still have 80 pounds to go... and it's very hard. I'm always looking for support, and would be happy to do the same for you! I just sent you a friend request Cara - anyone else can send me a friend request too!
  • JenZombiemomSeim
    Options
    My mom started LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) about a year ago and has had AMAZING results. So I figured, what the hell...I've tried everything else out there why not this?! I'm fell off the wagon a few time, but am in it for the long haul now. I have loved roller derby and skating since I was a kid, but after gaining this weight, I never dreamed of trying again. Well, I tried again and LOVE IT!! Before skating again, I'm down from 330# to 284# currently, just with LCHF. Even falling off the wagon I haven't been above 290. Since skating and LCHF, the inches are coming off and so is the weight! I even have my end goal as being a derby girl!! If you can I highly recommend skating, it is low impact, (even with a back injury for being a Corrections Officer) it feels amazing! It still gets my nerves up when we first get going, but after a couple minutes I'm gone lol! Right now we do about a 1/2 hour every day, with the exception of this morning we went a full hour, 3.64 miles. It is fun, so it doesn't feel like exercise!
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a mom of two and need to lose about 90 pounds as well. I have just quit weight watchers and am back on MFP. I am looking for friends as well (a lot of my friends from before dropped off as I was not active on MFP for a while). I have recently in the last 6 months gained 30 of those 90 pounds due in part to some meds I was on. I have stopped those meds recently and am back to try and lose this (even larger) mountain of weight.
  • JenZombiemomSeim
    Options
    Hi! :smile: I just sent you a friend request!
  • tamrehberg
    tamrehberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am a mother of five looking to lose between 80 and 100 pounds. So far down 17. I added you as well. I have a new personal trainer and he is pretty encouraging 3 days a week but the more the merrier. Add me too please
  • jenbeck1
    jenbeck1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi! I am a mother of 2. I lost my parents 7 months apart about 2 years ago and the weight has just been going up! I would like to lose the 30 lbs I put on due to the grief
  • caralemos83
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Good job on getting started on your weight loss journey.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My kids are grown and married (thank goodness!) LOL I'm finally on my journey - need to lose 100+ pounds. Have met my first small goal of 10 pounds (yay!). Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!
  • seriousgirl
    seriousgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds like many of you are on the same journey as me. Any of you can feel free to add me. I can always use more support.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Mama of 2, 85lbs to shed. Add me and good luck!!
  • Kristron
    Kristron Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 under 3, 50 lbs to lose, about 35 of that is post-babies and the rest has been stuck with me on and off for the past 10 years.