Eat more... Defecate even more?

Options
I try to eat more calories and force feed myself even after feeling full. Feed constantly on finger foods all day at work. Can't seem to gain any weight. And I feel that my body is rejecting the extra nutrients and I request the community to tell me what I should do to gain weight naturally.

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Needz moar peanut butter and toilet paper.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    yes
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Need to:

a) eat more if you're not currently gaining - try an extra 500 cals a day. If still not gaining after a week or two, add 250 more and repeat. Keep going until you are gaining on av 0.5-1lb/week.

b) get used to sh*tting a lot. When you finish bulking, you'll lose a couple of lbs right off the bat due to losing the extra ballast from your bowels.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I think it's time to look at the types of foods you are eating. Head for the calorie-dense, like peanut butter already mentioned.
    Hiker's mix is good, too.
    Drink milk.
    It might seem counter-intuitive, but I find I can take in a lot of salad, it doesn't fill me that fast, and it doesn't bulk up the tail end. Make it calorie-rich by not skimping on the dressings.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    And I feel that my body is rejecting the extra nutrients and I request the community to tell me what I should do to gain weight naturally.

I have irritable bowl syndrome and that is literally what happeneds for me when I over eat.
    So here's the dirty question: what does your stool look like? If it is soft/runny it might be that not all nutrients get absorbed by your body.
    If it is normal and just a lot it is totally okay.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    What specifically are you eating and have to increased your fibre intake significantly as a result?

Have you tried GOMAD as an alternative to eating your calories?
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    It's a vicious circle. Sometimes very vicious.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    more pasta, less exlax.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    post-29949-Clay-Davis-*kitten*-gif-sheit-shee-F8Y9.gif

How long have you been bulking OP? Make sure your expectations are realistic. You really only want to gain about 2-3 lbs per month anyway. Any more is guaranteed to be mostly fat.

Also: yes. You gun' poop. A lot. Metamucil is your friend.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In for pooping
    tumblr_m56utxqD9S1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif