Calories

Options
what is an average # of calories I should be buring during Insanity work outs. Does it depend of age height and weight? Am 29. 5'3 and 175 lbs

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Varies due to effort put into exercise and the length of the exercise... there's an MFP option but I'd recommend eating around 50-75% of the calories back as MFP overestimates.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn is going to depend upon height, weight, age, gender, exertion level and more. If Insanity were a steady state cardio program then a heart rate monitor will be helpful, but it's interval training so that won't be very useful either.

Does BeachBody have an on-line calculator that can get you in the neighborhood?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    It will depend on many things as others have mentioned.

But if you are trying to figure it out, so you can "eat back your burnt calories"...I would say don't do that....
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    avila463 wrote: »
    what is an average # of calories I should be buring during Insanity work outs. Does it depend of age height and weight? Am 29. 5'3 and 175 lbs

you should get a HRM to determine how many calories your burning.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    It will depend on many things as others have mentioned.

But if you are trying to figure it out, so you can "eat back your burnt calories"...I would say don't do that....

Um....

Op has 5 pounds to goal. If she is using MFP as designed then she should be looking at eating back a portion of exercise calories. If she is using TDEE less a percentage....then no, she shouldn't eat back calories. I don't see where OP mentions what method she is using.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    That's fine, she can eat em back if she wishes.

I just don't base what I eat dependent on what I think I burnt during my workouts.
    That's all.
    But to each their own. :wink:
  • avila463
    avila463 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do have a HRM but want to know how do I know for example Saturday's morning I burned 413 calories in 53 minutes of an insanity workout . Should I be burning more than that?
  • TeaBea
    Options
    avila463 wrote: »

you should get a HRM to determine how many calories your burning.

Well since Insanity is NOT steady state cardio.....a HRM (although likely a better estimate than MFP) isn't going to be very accurate either.

OP - no one can tell you what you "should burn." Your current fitness level, your % of lean muscle to body fat.....all factors. Just push yourself....increasing your fitness level is what exercise should be for. Calorie burn is just a small added perk.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    That's fine, she can eat em back if she wishes.

I just don't base what I eat dependent on what I think I burnt during my workouts.
    That's all.
    But to each their own. :wink:

Op has 14 total posts. I'm assuming she is still trying to figure out how things work in MFP.
    MFP (as designed) gives users a deficit before exercise. So many MFP users will eat a portion of calories back. Not everyone uses this same set-up (I know)...to each their own.