Les Mill Body Pump with sore knees? Safe or rest?

Options
Not sure how it's happened, but I feel sore just above my knee caps. Is it safe to do a weights class with this, or should I rest up?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Do you feel sore or do you feel injured?
  • clafairy1984
    clafairy1984 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It hurts when I go to sit/stand. It's not like muscle soreness, more like a light shooting pain.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    In the case, personally, I'd probably not lift and I'd go see a doctor if it lasted more than a couple of days.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Sounds like potential injury based on tex's questions and your response, so its a no, wait 24 hours and see how it feels. Injuring yourself or making an injury worse is the big no no as it takes you from exercising completely.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I suffered from knee pain when I ran, it turned out to be from badly fitting trainers. I visited a running shop, got fitted correctly (they recorded me running) and the result was I needed a really supportive trainer. I haven't had any pain since. I know you are not running but could it be your trainers causing the problem? :smiley:
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to take the les mills body pump class in my gym, but also found I suffered from knee pain after. I normally lift heavy (squat 175 lbs, deadlift 215 lbs) and no knee pain at all. But there's something about that class that messes with my knees. My theory is the pace is too quick and you do not have enough time to really pay attention to your form. I stopped taking the class. I don't want to risk injuring myself. But I continue to lift in the free weight section with no issues.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I used to take the les mills body pump class in my gym, but also found I suffered from knee pain after. I normally lift heavy (squat 175 lbs, deadlift 215 lbs) and no knee pain at all. But there's something about that class that messes with my knees. My theory is the pace is too quick and you do not have enough time to really pay attention to your form. I stopped taking the class. I don't want to risk injuring myself. But I continue to lift in the free weight section with no issues.

Agreed.

I would definitely skip it, that squat track is going to be really hard on your knees.