Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Setting a "new" start weight on MFP

I began using MFP in Jan 2013, lost 100 pounds, and have gained a bunch back. Today I made myself take a look at the reality I've been avoiding. It's hard for me to face the fact that I've gained so much back, but I am ready to hold my head high move forward again.

My question, Is there a way to set a new start weight on MFP without actually erasing my past journey? I'd like to track my weight loss from this point forward...rather than from my original starting weight. But I don't want to wipe out where I have been.

Does that make sense?

(If this is not the appropriate category to post, would you please direct me to the correct forum?)

Thanks!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Use alternate c below.

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • K33p3rs
    K33p3rs Posts: 4 Member
    I could have written your post! I also lost quite a bit (60) then gained a whole bunch back. And just now I logged in to add my new starting weight. Not sure if there is a way to keep the old starting weight and add a new one. You can delete the old data and start fresh, but first you can add all your old data to Excel or some other spreadsheet (I guess copy and paste would work) so that at least you have it somewhere to look at. Or you can start a whole new account. That's what I did because, frankly, I didn't want a visual reminder of how close I had gotten to my goal before screwing up. :-)
  • Fab5Momplus3
    Fab5Momplus3 Posts: 4 Member
    I just did what CyberTone suggested...it looks like a great option for me...although I did consider starting a new account! I don't want to deny myself the option to acknowledge success that I had achieved before, but I agree it's hard to be reminded of how close I once was! Here we go!
  • sandjar131
    sandjar131 Posts: 41 Member
    K33p3rs and Fab5Momplus3...I could have written your posts! In the same boat - I blew up my old account and started fresh...I found I was avoiding logging my weight because I was embarrassed about my steps backwards (which is silly, because those numbers are private anyway). I guess it's all about moving forward again and not dwelling on past mis-steps :). Good luck!
  • just4me123456
    just4me123456 Posts: 35 Member
    I am having the opposite problem...I lost almost 30 pounds a year ago and am working on the last 5. Yet, only the last year's weight numbers are showing up, not my starting weight, 30 pounds ago. Thoughts?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Welcome back- go get it!
  • Fab5Momplus3
    Fab5Momplus3 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement!!
  • zyarnykh
    zyarnykh Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for the tips! I was holding on to my post-prego weightloss, lost more than I gained, but now back to my original weight and need to lose those 15 lbs I've trying to for forever!