I define this as SUCCESS...I can't believe the difference!

Options
youmeandthesea
youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
Just wanted to share my before picture from 1999 (31 yrs old) and my picture from this past week (47 yrs old). This is what years of healthy living has done for me. It has been an amazing transformation inside & out. It was not easy but it was worth it. I have learned to be patience with myself, to make healthy choices, not to sacrifice the things I really love but rather eat smaller portions in moderation. I have learned to love to exercise and enjoy lifting weights, it really helped me lean out. If you are persistent it will come; if you are consistent it will stay. It's a new way of life!o61fv2losnq4.jpg
4.jpg 600.1K

Replies

• RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Down right Fabulous!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    <3 Great job!
  • StorytellerJoanie
    StorytellerJoanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Well done!
  • lindsayjcode
    lindsayjcode Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sixteen years later, and you look younger now! Incredible!
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    DAAAAAANG. No one could ever guess your age. This is incredible!
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, what a difference!
    You're right about patience with yourself - if you can master that, it really does help you see the long-term goals much clearer.
    You must feel as amazing as you look!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Wow! Gorgeous lass :-)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I would have never guessed you were 47! You have the nicest skin!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so much younger congrats on your journey
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I use Aveda products for everything, I eat healthy (and not so healthy at times...there's the moderation right). I exercise by walking daily and strength train/lift 3 times a week...ladies do NOT be afraid that this will bulk you up; it's quite the opposite...I drink at least 80 oz of water daily, have protein shake daily and enjoy life outside each and everyday...thank you for all your compliments I appreciate them greatly! If anyone would like to friend me, I would be a great source for friendship and inspiration! You can do this people!! If I CAN, YOU CAN! P.S. I do have to admit it is encouraging/self esteem boosting when people think you are a decade younger than you are. My children love this; as they are 28-26-24 and I have 4 wonderful grandchildren...it drives you to push harder...when you feel like quitting; think about why you started. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!