Ladies...skipping your placebo to avoid your period...

suzforglo
suzforglo Posts: 2 Member
Please tell me your experience with this. I am due to start right in the middle of a tropical vacation in July. I plan to skip my placebo in hopes to avoid that. Does it/has it worked for you?

Replies

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Don't. Do. It. At least in my experience not only did it still come but it screwed up my normal schedule and took months to get back on track.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    suzforglo wrote: »
    Please tell me your experience with this. I am due to start right in the middle of a tropical vacation in July. I plan to skip my placebo in hopes to avoid that. Does it/has it worked for you?

What is the significance of telling us that it's a tropical vacation? Is it more convenient to have a period during a mountain vacation than a tropical vacation?
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member

What is the significance of telling us that it's a tropical vacation? Is it more convenient to have a period during a mountain vacation than a tropical vacation?

Maybe she's going to nude beaches?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member

Maybe she's going to nude beaches?

Snow in the mountains is white though.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    I think it depends on the individual and the type of pill. When I was younger I did it on a regular basis and never had any break through or problems reverting to normal afterwards. But I know people who have had problems. I am now in my forties and recently went back on the pill (well, over a year ago now) and the Gynae actually told me I could skip the week "off" (iron tablets in my brand) every month so I didn't have any periods... Haven't done that though.
  • suzforglo
    suzforglo Posts: 2 Member

Yes, you are not nude for 7 days in the snow.