CHEAT DAY

Options
So I decided to have a cheat day yesterday, for two reasons.... First, my "mother in law" made her famous mac salad that I can't stay away from and second I was WAYYY too tired to cook dinner so I opted for pizza.... But now I feel like *kitten* (and knew I would because I am celiac and know I shouldn't be eating wheat... SMDH)

My Question is when you have a cheat day, what do you cheat with that is semi healthy but gives you the instant satisfaction of "junk food"

Replies

• SanamDamsaz
    SanamDamsaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would try to have a 'cheat meal' rather then a 'cheat day'. Usually one meal should be enough to fullfill cravings and leave you feeling satisfied and not feeling like you over did it. Of course that one meal has to include dessert!:)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Apples & PB always gives my sweet tooth that satisfaction. A Quest bar often does the trick as well. Or coffee. I incorporate these into my daily diet so that I never go too crazy and get my calories all out of whack.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the foods you enjoy while incorporating them into your daily calorie allotment?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the foods you enjoy while incorporating them into your daily calorie allotment?

Because some of us actually enjoy the idea of having a "cheat day". Variety is the spice of life!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Arby's lots and lots of arby's
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Give me any kind of nut butter and a spoon. Or homemade bread with good quality butter and cheese :p
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I eat the foods I love within my calorie allowance. If I really want something that is a little more than my budget allows I eat at a smaller deficit but I still eat at deficit.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Treats instead of cheats!

I make it fit into my weekly calorie goal.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If I am having a cheat meal I go all-out. I eat whatever I want at the time...but just for that meal, and I make sure it's a reasonably-sized portion meal. Plus dessert, usually involving chocolate and sometimes also ice cream. Then I go right back to weighing, measuring and logging everything. I don't do this often, only on special occasions like my birthday, anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »

Because some of us actually enjoy the idea of having a "cheat day". Variety is the spice of life!

Incorporating foods you want on a daily basis wouldn't give you variety?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I do have foods I want on a daily basis, but I also enjoy cheat days. It works for me.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just have what I want whenever, just smaller portions. Cheat days go downhill for me very quickly!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My biggest cheat food is cookies. I think the Cookie Monster might be my real father. But you asked healthy.

Strawberries and whipped cream with a piece of dark chocolate makes me happy.
  • TomBristow
    TomBristow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had my first official 'cheat meal' on Saturday night (Indian takeaway). I made sure I had an absolutely killer day in the gym that afternoon (1000+ calorie burn) to ensure that I could enjoy it guilt free and still be pleased with doing something that day that took me closer to where I want to be.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I eat the foods I love within my calorie allowance. If I really want something that is a little more than my budget allows I eat at a smaller deficit but I still eat at deficit.
    This, though right now I'm struggling to eat at a surplus. So really I can eat whatever I want and however much of it. Still barely gaining weight though... (not actually as great as it sounds) :/