Good workouts to do at home??

Options
Hey i'm pretty much a newbie to MFP and a newbie to actually thinking about my weight and excercise so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction...

I need a good home workout that i can do in a relatively small space (i.e my living room floor loll) I want to build my fitness up and get a bit more acustomed to working out before i brave the gym!!
Not to sound like a sob story but i am far too shy/ low in self-confidence (and to add to that i sweat buckets) to go to the gym alone and all of my girl friends that would have come with me are away until either late June or even September. (Lonely times for me haha)

SO..any good excersises for getting rid of my stubborn stomache would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanc MFP :)
xxx

Replies

• jkd1214
    jkd1214 Posts: 27
    Options
    If you have a Wii.....the Biggest Loser is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You personalize to you and the workouts don't need a ton of room to do!!! GOOD LUCK!
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Pick up some DVDs like 30 Day Shred etc from Walmart they are good to do..or you can do P90X at home. Sit Ups, Push Ups are great to do at home as well. There are many kinds of DVD's out on the market that are great. Alot of people are doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it costs cheap to! I saw it at Walmart for $9.93!!
  • Karianne1973
    Options
    P90X is fantastic ! I lost 30 lb in 90 days :) good luck
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, Pump it up, 1 and 2. Ive just purchased Jillian michaels Yoga Meltdown too, shes brilliant, really lose the weight fast with her workouts
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Netflix is $8 monthly and has videos for exercise if you are looking low rent as well. Video, dancing.....
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii then Wii Active 2 is terrific!!!! Customizable, each routine is different, moves at a good pace to keep you motivated. I've lost at least 20 lbs. since using it and I do it in my living room. Also the 30DShred by Jillian Michaels is a good routine. It steps you up gradually.

I wouldn't suggest P90X if you're new to working out. It's a killer for the fit let alone the rest of us!!!!! (it's also very expensive)
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Thats awesome! 30 pounds!! I hope too lose that many by the end of Round 1! I just started week 2 this morning!
  • jenjowu
    jenjowu Posts: 11
    Options
    Love Wii Active and Wii Biggest Loser.....on DVD LOVE LOVE LOVE Turbo Jam (you dont need tons of room)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvds.com .... these are websites that sell videos. These are really good tools to find workouts that are right for you. They have video clips, professional & customer reviews. Each review tells you what equipment you will need, if the choreography is hard, etc.

For small spaces - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home is fun. Target, K-Mart, Best Buy have some of these. ANYONE can start with these. Great if you can't dance (ME) or have 2 left feet (ME). You can use Netflix, ExerciseTV.com (or on Demand cable) Hulu.com, to test drive exercise videos before you buy.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cindy Whitmarsh incredible Abs dvd-available on Amazon. And Jackie Warner dvds-also on Amazon. They only require hand weights. I do them everyday and love them. I do them right in my living room and I live in a small apartment! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :happy:
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things you can do at home... google bodyweight exercises. You can do pushups, squats, lunges, crunches... also check out www.bodyrock.tv- she has lots of exercises and workouts for people to do at home. They are super intense, but you can modify them for your level of fitness, or even just use the site to get ideas. She posts workouts and exercise challenges almost every day, and there is a huge library. In the videos she usually suggests modifications for beginners.
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    I would recommend p90x, TurboFire, or any of the Beachbody dvds actually. I used to love the gym but with 3 kids can't go anymore. :( I'm doing Turbofire abd hadn't had any inclination to go to the gym. I feel self-conscious at the gym but at home I can let loose. The dvds seem expensive at first, but it does work out to be cheaper than a quarterly gym membership for me. I tried to do 30 day shred but got bored after the first week. I need a change in workouts!
  • Uberpookie
    Uberpookie Posts: 4
    Options
    You could go to exercisetv.com too.. or if you have time warner they have in the on demand channels.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I would say Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, WATP (Leslie Sansone), P90X and so on... It just depends on your fitness level. If you check out www.collagevideo.com there are a lot of dvds with reviews and breakdowns on the workouts. Good luck!
  • philippaJane
    Options
    Woaaah! Thanks MFP - got so much to choose from. I wish wish wish i had a wii - my birthday is coming up..maybe something to ask for hey! I'm liking the sounds of these fitness dvds- the 30 day shred one..going to investigate :D Thanks again! xx
  • philippaJane
    Options

WAAAAA! Just saw this!! That's amazing..def gonna look into this one too!! :)