Wii Exercise games...too many to choose from!?!?!

Options
Hi all, my weakness is exercise DVDs but I've done most of the workouts so many times now that I know what is coming next. Looking to mix it up a bit. I have a Wii and so started searching for some good fitness games to buy but I don't know which one to choose. Any recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated. So far I've narrowed it down to the following that I like:
Wii Zumba Fitness
My Fitness Coach Dance Workout
Exerbeat

Replies

• Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just Dance and Dance Revolution are two of my favorites...I also have outdoor challenge that is pretty fun too especially if you have someone to do it with u to compete with I just use my kids lol
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love the just dance games.
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use the EA Active for the Wii mostly because it get me good and sweaty but I have a ball when I do the just dance with the kids. I also have the Zumba but unless U have gone to a class or sit through the movement break downs I found that I was doing some of the moves wrong. Going to the class helped me perfect my moves on that game and I love it!!!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of the 3 activities that you are considering. I do have My Fitness Coach but not the Dance one. I enjoy using My Fitness Coach but when I use it regularly I do find it can be repetitive but I am still glad I bought it.

I have used Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus most regularly. They provide variety and they tell you how many minutes you've worked out and how many calories you've burned which I like. You can also set weight loss goals and do regular check ins. If you buy one just get the Wii Fit Plus as it has everythingthe Wii Fit has plus it has added on more activities.

I also have Just Dance and Just Dance 2. I like the Just Dance activities but tend to ignore the footwork as I am not co-ordinated and ithe game gives you points for using the Wii remote in your hand as opposed to tracking your feet! I like Just Dance because it's a fun way to workout but it doesn't tell you how many calories you've burned so I just use a stop watch/timer and then use the database dancing to log in my exercise.

I have also recently started using Wii Sports again to get some variety into my workouts as I noticed someone had put the Wii Sports activities into the database so once again I time what I do and the use the database activity.

I like Gold's Gym Cardio Workout out for a change from regular worouts. It's mostly boxing but has other exercises such as jump rope, push ups, abdominal training, etc...

I also use Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum but I don't find what I do always registers on the screen. It has a variety of activities which I like but sometimes I feel I am doing what it says to do but it's not registering what I am doing.

I also have the Wii Sports Resort but the first time I used it I didn't enjoy it but I know other people like it so I will try it again sometime.

If you have any other questions you can send me a message.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I see a few typos in my previous post but I am sure you can figure out what I meant to type! ;)

I also have Dance Dance Revolution but I've had it since Christmas and haven't opened it yet as although I think dancing is fun, it looks complicated to me and since I am not co-ordinated I don't want to get frustrated! ;) Eventually I will open it.

I also have EA Active 2 that I need to open. I don't like having to learn how to use new exercise games as I just want to be able to complete my exercise but once I learn all the new exercise games I usually enjoy using them and I like to have the variety.
  • amp8389
    amp8389 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a Kinnect for the Xbox 360 and I am using the Biggest Loser Game and I love it. It gives a good variety of a workout for upper body strength, abs, and etc. I know they have this game for the WII so this might be something you can look into.

Good Luck,
    Amy
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am not big on the dancing ones...some people love them

I have Golds Gym Cardio for Wii and I love this one right now. It is a lot of boxing. I use the wii fit plus to when I get bored. I also have EA Sports Active 2 and it comes with the HRM. I check out the customer reviews on Amazon before buying the exercise games. You can get a lot of info from those and decide for yourself which ones best fit you.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I have Just Dance and Zumba for Wii and enjoy both games.

I just bought a heart rate monitor and burned over 100 calories doing a 20 minute class with the Zumba game! I would recommend both games. They are both fun and I am not very coordinated when it comes to dancing but as long as you get out there and give all you got then it definitely burns calories!
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I have wii active and Ilike it....you can "adjust" your workouts if there are moves you should avoid (I can't do a lot of lunges, as I have bad knees, and a leg problem) and you can make "custom" workouts too....I wear my HRM and it NEVER matches the calories the wii says I have burned....the game is always higher than my HRM....
  • asyia74
    asyia74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have Gold's Gym Dance Workout, but I have a really hard time doing the steps and I usually get frustrated. I used the EA Active 2 for the 9-week program and it worked great! However, I have found that once you finish that program it really isn't too useful. The program kept me motivated because I knew it was keeping track. I just got the Exerbeat, and so far I love it! I have a lot of fun with the personal trainer workout that mixes up aerobics, dancing, and boxing. I find myself not wanting to stop even after an hour. It has some "kiddie" type menus, but the workouts are good! :)
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Just like Asyia, I have the Wii Active 2 and the Gold's Gym Dance Workout - also I have the Wii Zumba and the Just Dance 2. I totally love to dance, so if you like to dance I highly recommend all three of those dance games. The Wii Active 2 was great for getting a gym-quality workout and feeling like you have a personal trainer. I made real progress with it. I'm interested to try the Wii Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - sounds like something I'd like.

Of course, I'd love the hear more about other games too!

:) Lisa