Green Smoothie Cleanse?

Options
Has anyone done this?

I'm just curious. If I'm drinking the same amount of calories in green smoothies as I would on a normal day, how do I lose weight through this?

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    simple. you wont.....
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You would only loose water weight as salt intake would drop a lot, meaning you will hold less water

also same for carbs, less carbs you body holds less water

either way, just eat normal good food and make yourself a veggie packed green smoothie each day to compliment it, Think of it as a vitamin pill or something. i would live of it .

YOU NEED PROTEIN & FAT

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    What is a green smoothie cleanse? Does your liver not work?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Enough time on a liquid diet and you'll have diarrhea. You'll wash the solid poop out of you and maybe drop a pound or so that way. When you begin eating again, it will come back.

Other than that, if you load it with calories, the smoothie won't help you lose weight. I'm not slamming them! Loads of healthy people drink a fibrous smoothie for breakfast sometimes! But liquid in and of itself doesn't work out to "weight loss."

It also doesn't clean or detoxify anything. You can't clean your digestive system, even if you drink smoothies. Healthy people have bacteria in there because we need those little guys. They help us!

Anyone who sells you a product or the idea of a cleanse has been duped into believing it is real or is lying.