Newbie!!

Options
So....I apologize because I feel this is gonna be a long post!!
On Monday, I am starting on Adipex to try and get a jump on this weight loss. I am currently back up to 206-210 and I just can't handle it any longer. I have been a yo- yo with this for a few years now for the simple fact that I am lazy, I tend to eat crap and I love food.
In doing the research, I found quite a few obstacles I will have to overcome and I am looking for advice.
1. I cannot have any caffeine while on this medication. Yes, I went from a 12 pack of mountain dew a day to 32oz. It was a great feeling to kick this 30+ year habit. But I did it by substituting it with tea and other less harmful sodas. Now I can't have anything with caffeine and I am not a total water drinker. So.... I am trying to cut down on sugars, so what is another alternative? Has anyone used the decaffeinated teas? Are they any good???
2. I now have to actually remember to eat, and now remember to count calories, track everything and learn actual portions. This is gonna be a rough one folks, I am not a 3 meal, 2 snack a day person. So I think this will be my biggest battle. I have downloaded My Fitness Pal to help me because I want this to work. What are some ideas for foods that you pack for your lunch or snacks while at work? I have decided that I will NOT eat out for lunch while doing this because I will only end up sabotaging myself.
3. The gym is now in my very near future again. I will be using the membership to the Y that I have ignored for about 5 months now. I will be there Monday, Wednesday and Friday around 4. I would love to have some work out buddies to do this with, and to keep me motivated and accountable. Because I am neither!!!
4. 4. My cholesterol and triglycerides are really bad, I have a neck/shoulder/spine injury that prevents me from a lot of physical exercies.
Lastly, I hope I don’t annoy anyone by posting my experience over the next few months. If all goes as planned, I should lose about 35-45 pounds in the next 3 months. A total life changing experience is about to take place and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit nervous. This med isn’t anything to joke around with. It has some serious side effects, which is why I have to take it so seriously. But I will be keeping a close eye on what I need to, in order to keep myself safe.
If anyone has experience, or knows someone who does, with this…. Please let me know. I have talked to a few people who have had success with it and I think I have it all figured out, but would love to have others to share with. I think I may even start a blog about it, instead of annoying everyone on here!!

Replies

• DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I, too, started Adipex today. I was on it for 3 months about 3 years ago, and lost about 35 pounds in 4 months. It was nice. However, when I got off the Adipex, I stopped exercising and began bad food habits... of course, I gained it all back. It does work... but if you got to keep it up after the pills go away. My doctor will only give it to me for 3 months, and I'm under her strict care because of high blood pressure. I figure if I wasn't such a fat *kitten*, I wouldn't have the high blood pressure. LOL! Anyway! Best of luck to you! Keep me posted!
  • tamela3391
    tamela3391 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey. I started Adipex today for the first time and I am a little nervous. I had gastric bypass in November of 2013 (after a lapband removal). I have been on numerous diets and exercise plans and the most I ever lost was 50 pounds before gastric bypass. I have never reached my goal weight and per my surgeon's scale I have gained 7 pounds in a month. My carb struggle is real. This is my extreme effort to get this under control and get back on track. My highest recorded weight was 275 and my weight was 269 the day of surgery. I am 5'6" and currently weigh 204 (lowest weight was 188) so I would like to lose 40-50 more pounds. I go back to the doctor in a month and hope to see some results. Please keep me updated on your progress and feel free to friend me. I can use any in this journey that I can get. Best of luck.
  • TheMiddleSister96
    TheMiddleSister96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Adipex has been a very good thing for me, as cravings, carbs, etc have also been a struggle. I knew when I started it would be temporary, so I took every opportunity to make good food choices, exercise responsibly, and actively hydrate. Physically, Adipex gave me dry mouth, so water wasn't a problem. Mentally, cravings were eliminated... what a wonderful thing! Cake? Ice cream? Pastries? Meh. Not worth compromising your goals. You CAN do it. Every moment is a decision. Make good decisions. (@^_^@)