New to protein powder.

Options
So I just started drinking the Arnold Schwarzenegger iron whey in chocolate (it's my brothers but he's sharing) and I mix it with 1/2 cup of low fat milk and a tbsp of peanut butter.... Tastes like Reese's pieces it's so yummy!! However it makes me really full and keeps me full for hours! I drank one at 12 noon and didn't get hungry till now. (5pm) I drank another cause I play college vball practice soon and I know it will get me going but my caloric intake is gonna be low. Is this bad in the long run. I know I can't survive off this stuff but boy if I had to choose I would cause it's so good. I'm a self proclaimed peanut butter addict and make so many healthy recipes with it. Any advice for this newb? Lol thanks

Replies

• Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like mixing a scoop with plain oatmeal to give it flavor. Works well with plain greek yogurt too. Vanilla protein and add cinnamon, or just get lots of protein flavors. Vanilla with berries and milk for a smoothie. Possibilities are endless.
  • mgonzales0424
    mgonzales0424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy I will try that thanks
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The same company, Musclepharm, makes a similar whey protein powder called "FitMiss" that is made especially for women. It's low on calories (90 per serving), and has a pretty good amount of protein. My girlfriend uses this powder and she says it keeps her full for 3-5 hours. It mixes very well and can be used to make smoothies/shakes.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Use of protein powder is fine. I would not recommend it as a meal replacement for long term though. You need to eat food.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I am using protein powder twice a day right now. None of it is specifically geared toward women and it ranges from 110 to about 140 calories so personally I wouldn't buy into "especially for women" branding. My morning shake keeps me full for a few hours but I know I couldn't go from 12-5 on just that. I'm a fan of the chocolate, PB2, banana combo myself. I like my morning shake because I also have a sweet tooth and that satisfies it.