Im lost at the gym...help!

Options
I've been going to the gym for some while now but I officially started my weight loss journey a month or so ago. I've been doing C25K & other cardio with no issues. I also want to strength train but I have no idea what I should be doing. It seems like the only area I'm seeing progress is my arms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I train according to the plan in the book The Rules of Lifting for Women. It's been an eye-opening experience.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Pick a program like New Rules of Lifting, Starting Strength, Jaime Eason's LiveFit, etc.

Of course if you want you can hire a trainer for 2 or so sessions to show you proper form and get you acquanted with the machines and weights.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Try magazine websites like Oxygen, Strong Fitness, Fitness Blender videos on Youtube, or the Living Fit Revolution website for beginner kettlebell workouts. I personally like kettlebell workouts because they are versatile and keep your heart rate up. Also, check to see if you get a personal training session free with your gym membership to help you get started.
  • carlajo630
    carlajo630 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    Try magazine websites like Oxygen, Strong Fitness, Fitness Blender videos on Youtube, or the Living Fit Revolution website for beginner kettlebell workouts. I personally like kettlebell workouts because they are versatile and keep your heart rate up. Also, check to see if you get a personal training session free with your gym membership to help you get started.

I love Kettlebell workouts. For some reason I never think about doing them.