Power 90 or Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
Which one do you think is harder?

Replies

• daleowens123
    Options
    I am only 45 days into a workout regimen and I want to make sure I can complete or do most of the work out.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Both are tough, depends on what level of fitness you are in I guess. P90X is what my son and brother are doing, it's very intense. 30 Day Shred is a great workout, tough, but it's about 1/2 the time as P90X is. Tony Horton takes a full minute per exercise and Jillian does 30 seconds.
  • daleowens123
    Options
    I am actually wondering if anyone has used the Power 90 Boot Camp not the P90X which I know i am not ready for.
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • deanmarino
    Options
    Bump again!
  • daleowens123
    Options
    What is the Bump again for? Should I post something again to bring it to the top or something?
  • deanmarino
    Options
    That's what I was doing. No other replys. Do a search in the forum.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to get ready for P90X, then do Power 90. It is an awesome program and I know a ton of people who have had a lot of success with it. In fact one of the people I coach just ordered it the other day. I can't wait until she starts.
  • daleowens123
    Options
    But my main question is if I am not in "great" or even "good" shape will I be able to do the workout?
  • murfto
    murfto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had not worked out at all about 3 years ( I mean nothing) until I started the Power 90 on March 28th. If I can get through, it anyone can.

I think the trick is to do the level 1-2 for 45 days then go to level 3-4of Power 90. I tried too soon and it was very discouraging. I went back to 1-2 and now I am on my second week of level 3-4.

I didi try the 30 day shred and it was too hard for me in the beginning so I quit.

I have lost 22 pounds since march28th and feel good. I cant do every rep of 3-4 yet, but it reallly does get better every day.

I really like Power 90 Not sure what I will be ready for ( PX90 or insanity) on 7/1 which will be my 90 days.

Not everyday is easy, or fun but keep doing it everyday and it will make a difference.

I do have a beachbody coach that happens to be my neighboor who is very helpful

Good Luck!
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    30 Day Shred is great intro to ciruit training. She has 2 other people working out with her - one doing advanced and the other doing beginner moves. I found that I could do some advanced but not all. After completing 22 of 30 workouts on 30 Day Shred, I moved on to her latest dvd, Ripped in 30. Both are great as they are 30 minutes or less without the cooldown which is handy if you are working out before work and don't want to get up super early!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    But my main question is if I am not in "great" or even "good" shape will I be able to do the workout?

Yes you will be able to do the work out.
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I just completed my fourth week of Power 90 3-4 (three weeks to go and then Power 90 Master Series, then P90X, then P90X:MC2). The whole system is great if you haven't worked out in awhile. Don't let the fact that doing the same two videos six times per week get to you. When I perform the routines in the sculpt segments, I look for gains, especially in the pushup area since I wasn't able to do one when I began the program on March 13. You will be amazed at what happens to you in 90 days, even if it's just little gains. Try it, you'll like. . .I mean love it.