Feeling confused

Options
I seem to be at a plateau in my weight loss. I have been slowly but surely losing weight and have lost 50+ pounds in the last 2 years by cutting out bread, liquid calories, and overall eating less. I'm currently 215 pounds and am intaking about 1300 cals a day, keeping low on the sugar, and trying to keep my carb intake under 90g. I'm very lazy, hate to admit it but I have been doing 10-15 min of HIIT about 4-5 times a week. I just recently started lifting weights. I'm very new to weight lifting so I seem to be doing 3 reps of 10 with 5 pound weights in each hand. I usually just follow a internet guide to slimming down by lifting weights.
Just to help you out with my food choices: usually in the morning I eat a Kellog Fiber Plus Protein Bar, and a light yoplait yogurt. Lunch is usually a smart ones microwave meal, and for dinner I have about 700-800 cals left and quite a few carbs/sugars so dinners are whatever I have in the house (pasta, salad, chicken etc).
Can you help me out and let me know what I can do to get out of this plateau and lose weight faster (maybe 50 pounds a year instead of 25?). My goal is to be 200 by August!
I really appreciate your input!

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What do you need to do?

You need to eat less calories. Moving more is optional but it would probably help.

You say you are eating "about 1300 cals a day". Make sure you're actually tracking properly by weighing your food, and make sure you're being consistent. Consistency is key.

So:
    Track your calories accurately
    Track your calories consistently
    ???
    profit

edited to add: as the poster says below, i'm not sure the 5lb workouts is going to be all that helpful unless it's "heavy" to you.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Your lifting routine won't really do anything for you. Check out a program that has you lifting some serious weight.

Do you weigh your food?

Make sure you are weighing all solid food. Measuring cups are fine for liquids but to know your actual intake you need to weigh.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    There ya go. First two posters hit all the nails on the head.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    How long has your plateau been going? Longer than a week or two?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, people may be able to pinpoint any problems.

And I agree with the weights, that less than a carton of milk..